1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bohemian Grove - conservative summer camp or Satan worshippers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Friendly Fan, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Friendly Fan

Friendly Fan PinetreeFM60 Exposed

Anyone want to talk about Bohemian Grove? I'm sure it's been covered at some point in the past, but hasn't everything?

It's a fact that the most powerful of the powerful retreat there, and that many advances have been conceived there. It is reported that the Manhattan Project was first conceived there.

While the place and its members are not in dispute, there is a midsummer ritual that is in dispute. There is a 40 foot granite statue of an owl, and they engage in something some call a ritual faux sacrifice of a child, an effigy.

Others report that they merely have a mock druid ritual that is simply a part of the summer camp for grown men atmosphere.

Have you heard about Bohemian Grove?

Have you heard any of the weird stories?

#1 Friendly Fan, Aug 16, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Please provide a link to support these wild allegations. Is this yet another example of the liberals inventing lies to slander the Bush Administration? Probably.

3. Friendly Fan

here's one such online article

What is the Bohemian Grove?

The Bohemian Grove is a 2700 acre redwood forest, located in Monte Rio, CA. It contains accommodation for 2000 people to "camp" in luxury. It is owned by the Bohemian Club.

What is the Bohemian Club?

The Bohemian Club is a private. all male club, which is headquartered in the Bohemian building in San Francisco. It was formed in 1872 by men who sought shelter from the frontier culture (or lack of culture).

Who are the present members?

The Club has evolved into an association of rich and powerful men, mostly of this country (there are similar organizations in other countries). Some artists are allowed to join (often at reduced rates), because of their social status and entertainment value. The membership list has included every Republican U.S. president (as well as some Democrats) since 1923, many cabinet officials, and director; & CEO's of large corporations, including major financial institutions.

What industries are represented among the members?

Major military contractors, oil companies, banks (including the Federal Reserve), utilities (including nuclear power), and national media (broadcast and print) have high-ranking officials as club members or guests. Many members are, or have been, on the board of directors of several of these corporations. You should note that most of the above industries depend heavily on a relationship with government for their profitability.

The members stay in different camps at the Grove, which have varying status levels. Members & frequent guests of the most prestigious camp (Mandalay) include: Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, S. D. Bechtel, Jr., Thomas Watson Jr. (IBM), Phillip Hawley (B of A), William Casey (CIA). and Ralph Bailey (Dupont). George Bush resides in a less prestigious camp (Hillbillies) with A. W. Clausen (World Bank), Walter Cronkite, and William F. Buckley.

What activities take place at the grove?

The grove is the site of a two week retreat every July (as well as other smaller get-togethers throughout the year). At these retreats, the members commune with nature in a truly original way. They drink heavily from morning through the night, bask in their freedom to urinate on the redwoods, and perform pagan rituals (including the "Cremation of Care", in which the members wearing red-hooded robes, cremate a coffin effigy of "Dull Care" at the base of a 40 foot owl altar). Some (20%) engage in homosexual activity (but few of them support gay rights or AIDS research). They watch (and participate in) plays and comedy shows in which women are portrayed by male actors. Although women are not allowed in the Grove, members often leave at night to enjoy the company of the many prostitutes who come from around the world for this event. Is any of this hard to believe? Employees of the Grove have said that no verbal description can accurately portray the bizarre behavior of the Grove's inhabitants.

Besides this type of merriment. the annual gathering serves as an informational clearing house for the elite. The most powerful men in the country do their "networking" here, despite the Grove's motto "weaving spiders come not here" (don't do business in the Grove). At these gatherings men representing the government, military-industrial, and financial sectors meet and make major policy decisions. The Manhattan project, which produced the first atomic bombs, was conceived at the Grove in 1942. Other decisions made at the Grove include who our presidential candidates will be. There are speeches, known as "Lakeside Talks", wherein high-ranking officials disseminate information which is not available to the public-at-large.

What are the topics of discussion at the Lakeside Talks?

The 1991 talks included:
    Joseph Califano
    HEW Secretary, Carter Administration
    "Americas Health Care: Revolution: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Pays"

Helmut Schmidt
    Former German Prime Minister
    "The Enormous Problems of the 21st Century"

Elliot Richardson
    Nixon & Reagan Administrations
    "Defining a New World Order"

John Lehman
    Secretary of the Navy, Reagan Administration
    "Smart Weapons"

Richard Cheney
    Present Secretary of Defense
    "Major Defense Problems of the 21st Century"

What's not right about this?

When powerful people work together, they become even more powerful. The Grove membership is wealthy, and becoming more so, while the middle class is steadily becoming poorer. This close-knit group determines whether prices rise or fall (by their control of the banking system, money supply, and markets), and they make money whichever way markets fluctuate. They determine what our rights are and which laws have effect, by appointing judges. They decide who our highest officials shall be by consensus among themselves, and then selling candidates to us via the media which they own. Important issues and facts are omitted from discussion in the press, or slanted to suit their goals, but they are discussed frankly at the Grove. Is there true democracy when so much power is concentrated in so few hands? Is there any real difference between the public and private sectors when cabinet members come from the boardrooms of large corporations? Is the spending of billions on weapons, which are by consensus no longer needed, really the will of the people? Or is it the will of General Electric, General Dynamics, and the other weapons contractors represented at the Grove?

http://www.sonomacountyfreepress.com/bohos/bohofact.html

4. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

How is this related to worshipping Satan? It's not. Another lie EXPOSED. This thread should be locked, if for no other reason than the outrageous title.

Yet another Democratic attempt at slandering our nation and its leadership. When will the liberals learn that this type of demagoguery has no audience?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That sounds too bizarre to be true. Besides, Helmut Schmidt is a really old German (social democrat = left) politician who would never engage in the activities described.

6. Friendly Fan

Bohemian Grove is well known in American politics

#6 Friendly Fan, Aug 16, 2003
  7. Friendly Fan

I didn't say it was. I posed a topic for discussion. One view is that they worship a Canaanite diety called Molech, one spoken of in the Old Testament, a diety whose symbol is an Owl, and to whom children were sacrificed.

There is little question that there is a 40 foot owl there, and that some ritual acitivity is engaged in. Whether it is just grown men being silly at camp or something else is open for debate.

Here are some links that might shed some light. I've never said they worshipped Satan, but many people have.

http://www.fair.org/extra/best-of-extra/bohemian-grove.html

http://www.sonic.net/~kerry/bohemian/grovenukes.html

http://www.bilderberg.org/bohos.htm#Movers

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/bohemiangrove.html

#7 Friendly Fan, Aug 16, 2003
  8. Friendly Fan

the reading that I have done on the topic indicates that there is a core group of members, and guests are brought there, too.

I know how incredibly bizarre it sounds, the business about the ritual, but there seems to be agreement that a summer ritual or play is acted out in presence of the Owl, and that someone serves as the voice of the owl. Maybe it's boy scout camp for grown ups, but at a minimum, it is a place where the powerful meet.

9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

You imply through your thread title that they could possibly be satan worshippers -- not an owl, or Molech, but *Satan*. How absurd is this? Is this what you are reduced to? Accusing people of being satan worshippers? Sickening. Why don't you just accuse them of being in the Klan or of being child molesters while you are at it.

The bulk of the people that would be likely to attend this camp would be of a Christian faith. For you to imply that these Christians worship Satan is among the highest insults you could possibly sling.

Yawn. Yet another example of liberals lying. Next.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hmm...it does sound really weird, I'd like to learn more about it.

11. Friendly Fan

I've known about Bohemian Grove for a long time, that it is a men's club of the wealthy and powerful who meet in the summer in the redwoods on 2700 acres north of San Francisco.

I don't know about the allegations of there being some connection to Molech, but any ritual regularly secretly engaged in by the powerful has some meaning, even if it is merely they want to revisit puberty and rites of passage.

12. Friendly Fan

read the links

then we'll talk

#12 Friendly Fan, Aug 16, 2003
  13. underoverup

underoverup Member

I don't know if there are any famous people conservative or otherwise who are members, but I saw a few of the rituals-- some guys snuck a video camera in one way or another. It was straight out of the Simpsons StoneCutter episode, except it wasn't funny-- it was really creepy.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

No it shouldn't.

Just post or don't post. Leave the administrative suggestions to the moderators.

15. Friendly Fan

If the title is deceptive, I would welcome a change by the moderators, if they feel it is necessary.

It is Saturday morning, the board was idle (idol, get it?), and I thought about a wacky tape I saw recently on the topic. I've known about the group for a long time, a fearsome group without any allusions to Canaanite dieties. But the new angle I thought interesting and wanted to see who knew what about it.

I don't suggest that the links I posted are evidence of anything, but it makes for some interesting reading.

I assume that others will reveal what they have heard and a discussion will ensue. I did not anticipate that someone would want to shout it down without so much as engaging the topic on a substantive level.

I'm not looking to arm wrestle the DON'T EVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT BUSH team, and won't. I just want to talk about a topic that fascinates.

I don't even believe in Satan. If one does believe in him, wouldn't it stand to reason that the powerful would be his worshippers, if the Biblical version is to be believed?

16. Friendly Fan

I'm glad you showed up.

I have not seen that tape, but heard about it. It supposedly shows a bunch of guys in robes in front of the Owl statue, performing a play or something.

Please describe what you saw.

17. Friendly Fan

I have edited my original post so that this is more properly a discussion about Bohemian Grove, rather than about the Bush connection to it.

18. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Then please tell me the relevance of the Satan worshipping reference in the title of the thread. There is no objective analysis of this situation that would approve this thread's title.

As a general commentary, not directed at you, Jeff, I think many of the conservative posters have fled this board because of the overwhelming liberal bias. These sensationalist posters have been allowed to run rampant, spreading lies and creating outlandish threads such as this. The overall audience has shrunk (refman, madmax, johnheath, treeman, etc) as a result of the one-sided nature of the board. For a thread such as this to be allowed to remain on the board is not only highly offensive, but is also indicative of the larger problem of what is allowable and what isn't. This is one of the most offensive thread titles I have ever seen.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

MadMax has gone nowhere. Refman has a busy new job. Treeman has always come and gone throughout his history here on the board. I couldn't care less about johnheath.

And the one this liberal board wanted to leave all along is still here trying to be some sort of a conservative martyr. Yawn.

Also, what you call lies, most people call different opinions and interpretations. If you or any other conservatives (or liberals for that matter) can't take it, then you should leave. Quit whining.

20. Friendly Fan

trader

the title does not say they are Satan worshippers, but gives it as a choice. I don't know if they worship Satan or not, but if they don't, it's not because they aren't evil men.

The title asks each poster what HE or SHE thinks. It is an invitation to say "No, I don't think it's Satanic at all. It's world leaders revisiting the fun of adolescent summer camps." Or to say "Yeah, I saw a film on it, and it's evil." Or something in between.

Why do you find it unacceptable for others to read materials online and disagree with you as to their meaning? The free exchange of ideas is the way people form opinions. Most of us like to find out the facts, THEN make up our minds.

Molech was spoken of in the Old Testament, and the children of Israel were told not to worship Molech, an OWL statue, and not to sacrifice their children to Molech.

I would ask that you pose this question to any Christian:

If a person performs rituals to honor Molech, the Owl God spoken of in the Old Testament, is that Satanic?

Maybe I'm hearing Jerry Falwell, George Bush, John Ashcroft and Pat Robertson wrong, but isn't Satanic a word they use a lot?

#20 Friendly Fan, Aug 16, 2003