1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bogut for a late second round pick? Collusion?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by flusched, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He didn't want to come here, and GS did him a solid to trade him where he wanted to go. GS knew that basically any team would have taken a 1-year deal with him, especially if they had the room.

The idea that this is collusion is comical. GS uses this to get Durant, any NBA team that gets Bogut gets him cheap and for a season, it's a win win.

2. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Has that ever been the case when one of the teams had cap room?

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

it's funny, teams blackballing the warrriors is the definition of collusion..

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

mozgov is a lesser player and injury prone too. considering his new contract. bogut is suddenly value on a 1yr deal.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy to see how underrated Bogut is still.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

They did and failed. Maybe Warriors don't like the Rockets.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Andrew Bogut was the #1 pick (2005 Draft) - He hasn't performed like one.

8. blazinhtown

blazinhtown Member

What are the chances that this trade falls through due to Bogut failing his physical?

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the problem with the Rockets and Bogut is that Bogut's salary is 11M and the Rockets only have 10M in cap space. I think the Rockets wanted the Warriors to take back some salary and GSW couldn't. The Mavs had the cap space to absorb Bogut without sending salary back.

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

I see this differently. First of all, I don't think that Mark Cuban has a problem to cause headache for instance to the Clippers after last years DeAndre Jordan incident. The Clippers are much more likely to suffer from this move than Dallas. It simply improves Dallas, so why not do it? On top of that, it's a great expiring contract for next years splash.

I also have no problem with Durant going to GSW. First, it is the players right to choose the team of his liking when he is a FA. Exactly like the team has the right to trade him anywhere, while he is on contract. I'm not a great Durant fan and I don't think that the GSW got so much better (much depending how many West like players will follow suit), but basically everybody had the same chance to attract Durant.

So, I don't have any problems with Cuban or Durant. That's the way the NBA works. It's all business.