1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boggy Cousin are perfect!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swedish-olajuwon, Nov 24, 2020.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I thought he was playing in Taiwan, but if he has retired from basketball as well as NBA ,he does not strike me as the type to keep in game shape just for fun. I am also wondering if he had insurance on himself prior to the Achilles injury, that would require him to retire before he is paid out on it, even though he played after his injury he lost about $180M in guaranteed money by getting injured right as his contract was expiring and he was due for his big pay day, hopefully for his sake he hedged this with some insurance at least.

BasketballMind likes this.
  2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I hope so too, and you're right - I doubt he stays in NBA game shape just because. I'm surprised no one picked him up after how well he played in Denver. If he's guaranteed that amount of money for being hurt though then it makes perfect business sense to not play. That's a lot of money vs only making the minimum in the NBA.

Half of players money goes towards taxes, then another 10% or so goes to their reps. Out of the $40 million FVV gets per year he probably takes home like $16 million/year. Agents get a percentage of the full salary, not what's taken after taxes. If I were Cousins, guaranteed that much for an injury, I'd be done playing too.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Time flies....I could remember Boggie coming into the league with Sacramento...like it was yesterday.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Put aside whether Boogie can still contribute off bench, i feel in my bones that Rafael already burned his bridge ever since he gave no respect to vet like wall, that means unless we're willing to overbid other teams or overpay our targets we intend to woo, non of our mediocre offers could drag attention…
    (the most laughable thing is tilly could be the only one in this league has no clue how his gm is incompetent, a rook gm already being deemed as a butt)

#164 DeBeards, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024