1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bobcats eye trading No. 2 pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by getbloodyred, Jun 26, 2012.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Rebounding translates to the NBA and Robinson rebounds VERY well. This skill added to his ability to play one on one defense with other PF will get him playing time. He will develop the rest.

I don't think he will ever be a franchise player tho, if he were meaner I'd say he could be Otis Thorpe like which is pretty damn good IMO.

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

Marc James: NBA Source just told me the Bobcats will probably trade the 2nd pick. This is gonna be a an Exhilirating 48 hours for Charlotte.

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

My money is on either:

(A) Portland (#6 and #11)

or

(B) Cleveland (#4, #24 and at least one of #33 and #34)

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

So we would have a shot if we can get our hands on #5 and #8?

The ONE player I would hesitate even slightly to trade for Howard would have to be Thomas Robinson with the 2nd pick. Then again my stellar player evaluation skills could be way off again.

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

I feel the same. Robinson has serious potential. FWIW I still have very high hopes for Morris. I have a feeling he could surprise a lot of people next year.

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

https://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider

7. Raven

Raven Member

Not to be the fans that threatens to quit the team forever, but I'm just not sure how I could ever get over the Rockets being in a position to draft Drummond and Barnes and tossing that away for a Diva who doesn't want to be here.

Or

Meyers and Barnes

Or

Drummond and Lamb

This draft is going to make me puke all Summer, because I see the Rockets about to make a hideous mistake that follows them around like a bad smell for the text ten years.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah I can fell you on that if Dwight turns into nothing for us after having the top picks in our hands. I really need to have either Dwight resign or the move up in draft and keeping the picks for that to be a good idea.

9. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

[​IMG]

i think i need to pee.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Pity MJ pretty much ceded most of the responsibility to Cho.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

Robinson is a franchise player. Kansas was not expected to play tournament last season and it was Robinson who lead them to the very last game. Davis and Robinson are surely the top 2 picks, I think that Robinson would make more impact in his first NBA year than Davis.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Hard to choose, if you are Charlotte, both teams might have to sweeten the deal with veteran. If Portland offer

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Save yourself the aggravation and stop following the team.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rights to Llull, Morris, Patterson, #14, #16, and #18 for their #2?

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

My bet is on the Rockets offering the same deal they offered to Sacramento.
    Kyle + 14 and 16.

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Don't forget the skim on the Houston Shipyard...

17. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

That's too much! Give them #14 and 16 with Lowry. We can offer the same package to Portland for their picks #6 and #11.

18. Burko

Burko Member

16, 18 and Martin.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

There's no way either of those teams accepts that. Lowry isn't enough to move #14 to #6 and #16 to #11 by himself.

Charlotte won't be interested in Lowry because he isn't under contract long enough to help them when they are ready to compete. They will want multiple draft picks and rookie contract players.

20. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I feel the cost of getting up to the #2 pick is too high...

... for Houston. The picks they can offer the Bobcats are too low so they would need to include players in the deal.

Even if they do come up with a package that gets them the #2, what will be left to send to the Magic for Howard? Obviously Orlando will want more than the #2 pick. And even if they do swing even players to land Howard, the roster to me looks to be empty. Howard will definitely wanna leave if the team has no quality depth left on it.

I think that (unless Morey can swindle MJ out of that #2 pick somehow) the Rockets best bet is to try and land the #5 & #8 picks and then use those to go after Howard or some other star.

If it don't work, draft the best rooks and make whatever adjustments necessary to the roster afterwards...