1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bobby Knight has passed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Nov 1, 2023.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, I got to witness much of the same. I lived in Iowa City / Cedar Rapids, so I got to watch Knight browbeat the officials into giving him favorable calls at home (poor Tom Davis, what were you going to do?)

Once Knight reached demigod status, he became insufferable. I recognize his great accomplishments. I'm not wearing a black armband over this.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cant believe people played for him. Some old **** yells at me I'm gonna beat his ass.

Dredd likes this.
  4. the shark

the shark Member

It was a different time. Kids back then weren't snowflakes and didn't want to be coddled. They wanted to be coached and hard.

You can say whatever you want about him but if you went to IU to play for him you were going to get your degree. His former players loved him (except a few).

AroundTheWorld and mikol13 like this.
  5. Dredd

Dredd Member

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No, don't blame the KIDS. He's the GROWN adult throwing chairs. HE is (was) the child. He wasn't tough. He was a ****ing baby.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sir Bobby Knight you will be missed -- the Legend of Lubbock will forever be in our hearts.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I remember reading an article before the 84 draft and Knight talked about how he would always chew out players for jumping without knowing what they were planning on doing with the ball, but he didn't chew Jordan out because he jumped so high and hung in the air so long he always got away with it.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

No man knows the day nor the hour. Be prepared.

AroundTheWorld likes this.