1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BoB showed loyalty, he rode the ship down with Hoyer.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like every time BOB speaks about Hoyer someone should be playing "Stand by your man" in the background.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

"I got you babe"!

3. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

BOB's hands were tied. He already pulled Hoyer once after a nightmare half against the very same Chiefs. After a 2-5 start, he apologized to the team, recognizing that he had made a mistake by not sticking with Hoyer; the team responded and turned the season around.

After somehow managing to play even worse yesterday, it's hard to imagine BOB had the option to bench Hoyer again. Weeden won a game for us, but is hardly considered a sure-fire upgrade. BOB was forced to stick with Hoyer yesterday.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

BOB's ship is fine and afloat. Hoyer is the one who sunk himself but he was the only one on the ship.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Weeden wasn't a "sure-fire upgrade" but there's just no way he could have been worse. By sticking with Hoyer, he was conceding the loss. The only thing that could have saved the Texans yesterday after BOB decided to stick with Hoyer would have been an injury like happened in the Bengals game. If Hoyer had the good sense to get hurt before halftime, the Texans have a pretty good chance at coming back.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You know your QB situation sucks when fans are blaming the coach for not inserting Brandon Weeden. Good lord.

We need a 1st round QB this year.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

We do but none worthy of a 1st rd grade when we're picking.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

By the second half inserting a cold dog turd was the better option forget Weeden.

9. conquistador#11

that's no ship. that's a kayak!

10. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Weeden was a 1st rounder

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Good news is Texans can spend the majority of their efforts beefing up the offense during the offseason and draft starting with getting a QB with at least some common sense of the game. Players with speed wouldn't hurt as well. Texans don't have to worry about the defense as much which is a welcome change...but the offense...oh my...there should be zero excuses fixing this one dimensional Hopkins with no QB offense for next season.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What's wrong......You guys not swelling with pride ? That might piss bob off

"I know what both those guys do in the building; I take a lot of pride in both those guys," O'Brien said, via ESPN. "I know both those guys very well. I read, I understand what’s written out there. Sometimes it pisses me off to be honest with you.

"These are two guys that are good quarterbacks that have played in this league, they work very hard. They’re out here busting their ass every day to get better and I think the city of Houston should be proud of both of them. And I think the media should understand these guys can play. They gotta go out there and do it. Look, if they don’t go out there and do it they don’t do it but I have a lot of faith in those guys. One guy will start, one guy will be the backup, and I’m looking forward to continuing to coach them. I think they’re two good quarterbacks and I like both of them."