1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Bob Allen (R-Florida) Offers Undercover Male Officer $20 to Give Head

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Baqui99, Jul 14, 2007.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it is the leaders who are hypocrites, not the plebians. the hypocrites are the ones pushing an anti-gay agenda while at the same time engaging in very gay behavior. i suppose a voter could be a hypocrite if they are against gay rights and think homosexuality is immoral, yet continue to advocate for politicians whom they know engage in homosexual behavior (im not talking about you per say).

you republican voters who support them are what they call 'the mark'. as long as they talk about god or "family values" or gun rights or abortion it doesnt matter what they really do. you are being hookwinked and lovin' it!

how can you prove that? are you saying haggert, bush, allen or foley never did anything w/ other dudes before they got into politics? how can you possibly know this?

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

bottomline:

the GOP sucks

3. jo mama

it is the entire party - the republicans push an anti-gay agenda and their leaders speak out against homosexuals whilst engaging in homosexual behavior. the republican party has allowed itself to become an extension of evangelical christianity (this is me using 'hyperbole' - dont trip out!). in order to cater to them the reps have pushed an anti-gay agenda.

what does clinton have to do with this issue? what is your point? for the record, i do think he should have been impeached (but not for lying about a b.j.).

i never said they were - in fact, i believe i called them "media lackeys". however, one might argue that a rush limbaugh has much more persuasive power over the conservative movement than any elected leader.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

You can probably count those guys on one hand, but you say "the leaders." How many are you talking about? Is it a significant number of leaders? I have no idea.

By whom am i being hoodwinked? Can I have a name?

I'm assuming by "fallen" that they meant "caught." I think if Hastert, Allen or Foley or especially President Bush were known to be homosexuals we would have heard about it in an election period.

I think what was said was "became leaders" not "got into politics." This was the premise of the charge of hypocrisy.

5. giddyup

This was the first:

Other refers to issues aside from Abortion and Gay Marriage.

I want to learn about the "goofy" Republican platform.

6. giddyup

May I recommend a good engraver? You need to get this in stone or steel and look back on it in a few years and just chuckle...

7. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Yeah, great example of how the Republicans aren't hypocritical. Nobody in the Bush administration has gotten away with perjury. Oh wait, yeah they have.

8. giddyup

It was not an example of how Republicans are not hypocritical, it was a refutation of the urban legend asserted that Clinton got tried by the Senate because he got a bj while president of the US.

9. jo mama

i would call the head of the largest evangelical organization in the country and a guy who had a weekley phone conference w/ the president a "leader".

i would count a congressman who was the chairman of the missing and exploited children committee as a leader.

i would count the president of the united states as a leader, a decider, if you will.

george w. bush and whoever else whoever else goes around saying that homosexuality is wrong or advocates for anti-gay policies, yet engages in homosexual behavior. if you support these people, yet dont know that they are involved w/ gay male hookers and underage boys than you are being hookwinked.

im not even sure what your point is with this?

10. jo mama

why would that be?

11. giddyup

That's not a lot of "leaders" and I'm not even sure you could count the third one... Two out of probably 600 Republican political leaders in the US. That's fewer than I would have expected for such broad accusations as those made here.

I, along with most Americans, had never even heard the name Mark Foley. I don't feel hoodwinked by two people I've never heard of until they made the news over this.

12. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

First you get your panties in a wad because you don't like the broad generalization of Republicans then you go post this gem. You along with most americans. And how many is that again? Link please. Spin away giddy if it makes you feel better.

I along with most....maybe many is a better word.....Nahh. I along with most americans were tired of the lies, the hypocrites and the bull**** of the republican party. Oh wait, the voters wanted change. Anyway you want to paint it, the republicans paid for their sins in the elections. So spin away giddy, you may not feel hoodwinked but others did. Don't believe me?

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Giddyup, nobody feels like researching hours upon hours to find however many examples you are asking for ...just so you can dismiss the evidence anyway. Your a broken record.

btw I didn't make a generalized statement that "all Republicans" are twisted. I said predominately when you hear about officials getting busted for pedifilia and homosexual behavior, it is almost always Repubs and they are a-holes. I challenge you to contradict my statement.

If you'd like to continue to follow your moral voting pattern based on a platform where we repeatedly hear stories that contradict said platform by its leaders, that's your right as an American.

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Pedophilia is.

...and preaching/legislating against homosexuality when you are yourself a homosexual ...is also disgusting.

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

engrave it now. it's already obvious to all but the totally idiotic.

As for your request - I'll answer it tomorrow. I have 10 pages of paper to write by Monday, and I am not working on it over the weekend!

16. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

at $20 a pop no less :p

17. giddyup

I don't wear panties.

Okay, bigshot, how many US congressmen/women can you name? How about the average American?

I have spun nothing.

18. giddyup

Okay, game on. You left this line out of your self-citation:

"Dems ain't perfect either ...but they aren't a bunch of pedifiles or closet homosexuals praising the word of God."

You just called Republicans "a bunch of pedifiles (SP) or closet homosexuals praising the word of God."

BTW, got something against homosexuals-- closeted or otherwise?

19. Cesar^Geronimo

If you vote for someone because they tell you they will vote a certain way in congress and they do vote that way but they are voting that way to appease the public not because that's what they believe or live are you being hoodwinked?

Why do you care about their personal life? if they are pushing the agenda you believe -- whatever the motivation didn't you "win"? The end result of your vote (the agenda you support being promoted) is still accomplished.

Personally you may find their hypocrisy personally disgusting but you still got what you wanted out of your vote.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

giddy

I hope you and your fellow repubs remember your stance on this when its a far-left idiot in the news.

ya know....just cause one guy(or two or whatever) does something stupid, lets not blame *all* of [insert whatever group here]

that has been the repub MO for years....and now you complain about it when its going the other direction?