1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boaty McBoatface

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Sometimes a story is just something fun and funny and worth sharing, instead of one grim blast of misery after another.

In Britain, a new Arctic research ship is being built to replace a couple of aging ones, very serious scientific stuff. Something possessed the administrators of the project to open the naming of the vessel to the public through a contest.

Currently, leading by about a 10-1 margin is 'Boaty McBoatface', which I personally think is the best name for an Arctic Research Vessel EVER.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35861444

They all seem to be having fun with it, and probably they will get around having to name it something silly in the end, but it still gave me some chuckles.

And then it got me to wondering - what if the Rockets opened up a competition to re-name the team in the wake of the current disaster of a season? Mister Misses ? The Re_ _Emons? The Matadors? I dunno, it just made me wonder. This season has been awfully grim, and it looks like it's going to get wayyy worse before it gets better.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morey McMoreface

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Murray's Mercs

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

They seem to have closed the voting and you can no longer search to see the # of votes for Boaty McBoatface.

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

It is back up the servers crashed yesterday. Go to the link for most loved today and scroll down through the entries. Some of those are awesome. Boaty McBoatface isn't even close to the best one.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I voted the RRS I Like Big Boats & I Cannot Lie.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a good one. I also got a kick out of RSS Usain Boat

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I voted for RRS Thanks for All the Fish