1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blue Bell recalls all products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenon, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They pay their employees in pennies?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Also they downplayed the dangers before making a total recall. Who is to say they didn't know the problem already and tried to downplay it? You can't trust corporations. They won't recall unless lawyers advise them to. It wasn't about right or wrong. It was about profit and loss... And legal liability.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is why I add trolls to my ignore.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Maybe it's because I haven't lived in the South in a while, but I'm really surprised people still eat ice cream in this day and age. Especially with better alternatives like froyo, artisan cupcakes and other vegan delights it is a bit eye opening to read this thread.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The corporations made me do it.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i prefer HEB Creamy Creations ice cream

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This makes me sad. I just bought extra large ice cream cones. Now I can't buy any ice cream. Guess I'll have to go for one of the lesser brands.

8. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Trust me, I know that feeling all too well.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

At the time, the problem was traced to one factory (best I can tell, all cases have still only been tied to the one plant), the 2nd factory was discovered from testing, not from anyone actually getting sick.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd say they are overcompensating now more than that they downplayed it before. Obviously, they should have done some things differently before considering the length of the outbreak, but that has to do with a lack of information and understanding on their part and the part of regulators. They'd done partial recalls before that were perhaps too limited. A total recall now is really playing it safe since the Brenham plant tested clean so far as I know.

In any case, profit motives and legal liability correlate well with public safety goals. The recall will cost them some money in wasted product and extra opex to scrub their plants. But the lawsuits from the 3 deaths will probably cost them more. The damage to their brand will probably cost them more too. In this case the profit motive is making them do the right thing.

But, I'm still eating the ice cream I have in the freezer.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's hard to really blame Blue Bell, though. They have been operating normally for the past 5 years, which is how early the first case was. Cases were so spread out and sparse that it's only been identified through genetics recently, and once it was, they shut it all down. They've done the right thing once they've learned of all the information.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

See above post for lesser brand

13. The Boz

The Boz Member

Got an email from Blue Bell today.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Really? Surprised that people still eat ice cream? Man, you are very weird, as usual.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You must eat a lot of ice cream.

17. Buck Turgidson

Good grief.

You realize that blue bell doesn't have a bunch of milk cows at their factory, right? They get their dairy trucked in just like HEB or anyone else.

18. Buck Turgidson

This is totally overblown. They'll be fine, and I respect the hell out of how they responded as a company.

Odawalla, the superfood organic free range cage free juice people, killed a handful of folks back in the day, then they started pasteurizing everything. It's inevitable when your food production reaches a large enough scale, that's why you see recalls of something in the news every few months.

Read up about listeria, it can basically live in any organic matter (mammal, bird, fish, fruit, vegetable, soil, ice, etc...), anywhere, under any temperature.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Creamy creations wins again

20. rudan

rudan Member

Does anyone know where I can buy some blue bell? I need me some great divide....