1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blue Bell recalls all products

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenon, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

So... I picked up a pint of Homemade Vanilla yesterday, and I swear it tastes different. Am I the only one?

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I hear they cut the poison.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I was surprised to read a ranking of all the vanilla ice creams the other day and, apparently, Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla had a pretty bad ranking compared with the others. I was kind of shocked at how poorly it rated.

I used to get pints but now I'm inclined to try some other brands for my vanilla fix. Ben and Jerry's actually had the highest rated vanilla ice cream for taste.

Also, not sure if Listeria related, but I did not feel well after I would eat Blue Bell ice cream on occasion. It could be unrelated but I found it odd at the time that my stomach was getting upset.

#303 Surfguy, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oh wow. Just because of your post I will have to buy some Homemade Vanilla this weekend to see if it's different.

Sure hope not. If true, sayonara Blue Bell.

5. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Lactose Intolerance?????

6. Poloshirtbandit

Tasted fine to me. I tried Tilamook and the HEB brand last month. Tilamook wasn't bad, but it melts way too quick. Wasn't really feeling the HEB.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

No. Listeria can be non-invasive, though, meaning you can get light symptoms like stomach upset and the runs but be fine the next day.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Worth it

9. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I've had Cookies & Cream and it tasted normal...other than the fact that it didn't have many cookies in them. But the taste was the same.

Told my wife I'd sacrifice some potential listeria in order to have some dang cookies in the COOKIES & Cream ice cream.

10. Buck Turgidson

What state do you want to learn about that has also killed other people?

Pick one.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tasted just fine to me.

12. axstar713

axstar713 Member

I bought a half gallon of Cookies n Cream yesterday and was actually wondering if there was going to be any difference in taste and fortunately there wasn't.

13. Raven

Raven Member

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

15. Buck Turgidson

I hope nobody eats produce from Mexico...they just had a recall of cucumbers from a very large farm, the salmonella only killed 1 old lady so far and made 230something people sick.

16. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ill never eat blue bell again after reading that article. i don't eat much ice cream regardless. being from brenham myself this is typical in my eyes.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Typical corporate cost cutting. Cut costs until it costs the company, back up, make apologies and changes, do it all over again.

It would be nice for execs to have some hard punishment for this type of stuff, because the buck has to stop somewhere. If the hammer does drop on the BB execs, they'll probably end up on a sunny afterlife beach in South America hanging out with Ken Lay.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good on the Chronicle for writing this article.

20. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

How are they not in prison right now? I guess if GM can get away with it then so can Blue Bell. Gotta love corporate immunity in the USA.

This is awful.
    [​IMG]

Wow... what a POS company. Just rename it MomCorp's Creamery. The ice cream was always overrated anyways, I never got the love. I bought some after they came back and remembered how mediocre it was. I didn't follow the details of the shutdown too much but I will never buy it again now. Ben and Jerry's owns all.