1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blu-ray is officially doomed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Landlord Landry

you need countless hours? I need countless seconds of p*rn, then I'm done.

2. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

It's not useless. I was picking up Batman Begins on HDDVD for 8 bucks at Fry's and there was this Asian clerk giving me a hard time. He first asked if I had an HDDVD player. I gave him attitude and said, "Duh! Why else would I be buying this?" He goes on to say, "I feel sorry for you." That was enough for me and went off at him. First I told him I felt sorry for him for working at Frys AND for being overweight. Then I went on to tell him about how I have a pretty nice collection of HDDVD's which I pretty much bought entirely from deepdiscountdvd.com for no more than 10 dollars a piece with free shipping. These same movies on BluRay were going for $30+. Just think of all the savings right there. I mainly bought the add-on for Planet Earth, which I got for $25 (the BBC version). Let me see you BluRay fan boys find a better deal on that. In addition, the add-on came with the Xbox Media remote ($20 value) plus 5 free HDDVD's. It's paid off for right there. I then went on to tell that guy that I never plan on getting rid of my Xbox, so it will never be useless. The drive sits on top of the Xbox and takes up no extra space on my stand. I also told him that I would be getting a BluRay player in the future and that he was probably just jealous he didn't have an Xbox to take advantage of all the deals going on. You should've seen the way that poor guy looked when I was about ready to leave. Seriously, just mind your own business in the future. I also ended up buying a few IMAX's for 8 bucks as well. Those were pretty neat.

BTW, I just watched Batman Begins this weekend and that 1080p content via HDMI looked absolutely fantastic.

I'm happy with my collection and will continue using it. I've got so many movies I haven't even opened yet that I'll be busy for the next 4 or 5 months easily.

There's no need to hate this "dead" format.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah you sure showed that douchebag who was the bigger man!

How dare he make fun of an inferior product.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Sensitive, huh?

8. Landlord Landry

what the hell does any of this have to do with my inability to hold my load for more than 30 seconds?

fascinating life you have there.

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

"I feel sorry for you"

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

HD-DVD is countless.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sounds like you had a chip on your shoulder before the guy even rang you up...almost as if you were WAITING for him to say something about what you were purchasing. He stated something about a dead format and you:

-ragged him about his job
    -ragged him about his weight
    -got nerdy/juvenile by telling the guy that he's probably jealous because he might not have an XBox

You're the one I feel sorry for, not the Fry's cashier.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude DVD will never die! its the future!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSKZZJFoofc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nSKZZJFoofc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

dang, after he said "I feel sorry for you" I would have gone all "O-Dog" on him.
    [​IMG]

AND, he was asian, it would have fit perfectly.

14. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

This makes me laugh.

Not because you "pwned that dude," but because there were two adults in Frys Electronics arguing over HD formats in person. Not even on the internet. They were doing it in person. Ha.

The only thing that could have possibly been funnier is if the Frys guy held up a "FAIL" picture when you went to buy the HD DVD.

Just kidding, man. You really let that minimum wage Fry worker have it. That's awesome! You know he had it coming.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is awesome, the only thing I would have added was dropping a line from Bobby Brown's My Prerogative...

"I made this money, you didn't ! (Right Ted?)"

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I have to someonewhat agree with how Redefined handled the situation...Nobody wants to hear crap when they're buying stuff....I wish he would have filmed it...

He loves the Mavs, which is super ghey, but he's a man of conviction...Blu-Ray be damned...

17. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Well, if the attitude started with his "Duh" when asked the question about whether he had an HD-DVD player, then I might disagree with you.

I can see a Fry's clerk being told to ask anyone who was buying the HD-DVDs if they had an HD-DVD player because there are a bunch of people who buy things without really knowing what they are. I could see a lot of the people seeing the low price and deciding to buy thinking the disc would work on their regular DVD players.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i have the xbox drive too which i got essentially for free close to two years ago after discounts and stuff. but i still buy hd-dvds on the cheap because i will always have my xbox and its not going to take up another input in my receiver at all. and i mean for movies out on both formats where the quality is the same and for some WB hd movies there is more interactive content on the hd-dvd at like 1/3 the price of the blu-ray there is no reason for me to not get the hd-dvd.

i love deepdiscount i should go by my local fry's and pick up some other ones on the cheap.

19. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Chill out, the man's just doing his job. I've worked as a cashier, and I would probably ask you if you had a HDDVD player just to make sure you don't have to return it later because you didn't. The "duh" comment would have pissed me off, and I would probably respond with a smart ass comment like he did. But instead of just taking your insult I would have said:

"**** off, go check yourself out HDDVD nerd. Next in line please." :p

20. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

On second thought, if I was the cashier I would have gone all finalsbound on you and yelled "redefined sucks!!!!!" then cracked your hd-dvd in half.