1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blow It Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfj4, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

With my flame shield on I'm ready to say it. This team is not what we expected and there is no path to get there with the current roster. How are we going to trade for a proven superstar??? I think its time we go young and start all over. The best teams in the NBA have star players, ones that they can count on game in and game out. We used to have something close, now we have nothing that even resembles that. The bottom line is the only way we're going to get a superstar is if we blow it all up and start over. We're in a ideal year to make the commitment to rebuild because when the year is over, having no large commitments other than Kevin Martin who could easily be traded, ideally for a draft pick. Flame me if you want, but at least think about it.

2. Hball

Hball Member

Blow it up :confused: Kevin martin is Mr.Efficient and fits the team high character image, so what he's a fake star player.

3. gdenfield

gdenfield Member

How does that help us get a superstar?

4. Summer Song Giver

Trade away anyone not on a rookie contract and play for picks and experience.

We could single handedly stock the entire league's contenders with the role players they need ofr their championship runs in exchange for picks and expiring deals.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What is there to blow up? This team is mostly filled with youth and draft picks. I think the correct battle cry for Rockets fans should be for turning our assets into an all-star. Iggy, Granger, Gerald Wallace, etc etc

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Enes Kanter, Brandan Knight, Harrison Barnes AND etc will be the best players coming out of college imo. I'm a big fan of blowing it up and rebuild around some new/young/fresh talent at least you'd have a good jump. I think if Morey blows it up at least he could have it done in less than a year instead of waiting and waiting.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

THANK YOU

Seriously... this team is full of a bunch of young players and expiring contracts. The only person that really doesn't fit those two categories at all is Scola, and I honestly don't think the Rockets would get all that much for him.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree. Just get as much as you can and keep Martin and Luis.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Keep Ish too.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I kinda agree with you because it's time to hit this:

[​IMG]

11. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

I agree with this thread..this season is only going downhill and I agree we are desperate for a closer .. I say keep Luis brooks and martin and just trade the rest....garbage season...it sucks watching and wasting ur time watching a 2 hour game for nothing but ****...face it we aint gunna turn around we just suck ass ...it's rlly hard bein a rockets fan

12. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

ITS NOT WORKING THE PANIC BUTTON DOES NOTHING!?!?!?!?!?

13. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

we will need to make a move for anthony...

battier/jefferies/ brooks/taylor draft picks.....

we are desperate...

14. Rockets_4_life

I disagree, Scola is a legit 20/10 player right now, there are teams that are contending that would kill to have this guy on their team. Players with lowpost games are at a premium in the NBA, they're are plenty of teams that would love to add a low post scorer to their front line.

OKC is a team who currently has no low post threat, if we have to blow this thing up, I would look to trade Scola there. They have an abundance of young talent that they could give us in exchange, for the hardest working basketball player I have ever seen....

I think James Harden has all-star potential but really hasn't gotten the chance to shine having to play behind Thebo, and I really liked the defensive presence that Cole Aldrich has shown so far this season, he looks like a promising young center.

My Proposed Trade:

SG James Harden(3rd overall pick in 2009 NBA Draft)
    C Cole Aldrich (11th pick in 2010 NBA Draft)
    2011 1st rd draft pick

for

Luis Scola
    Chuck Hayes

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I saw the score of this game last night I figured there would be threads like this today.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Indeed. We dont have the customary old vet with a long and bad contract to get rid of. Yes, perhaps we can get rid of our best assets for unproven players with an upside. But why? We have several of those already.

17. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

We need to just start over, again. I know we are young, but what we have isn't working.

We just have to keep:

Martin
    lowry
    hill
    lee and maybe budinger and Patterson

Sadly.

Make available to trade
    Brooks, taylor, Hayes, jeffries,
    Yao, battier, and miller

I wonder, don't flame me....

Yao+Brooks
    for
    love+rubio rights

I know salaries don't match. So yea....
    :'(

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Hell no!!!....Harden plays same as Martin.......Alrich , if was that good he would have been drafted higher.....I would trade Scola and Brooks for Bibby and Josh Smith if we can.....we need a steady real PG and a athletic PF who changes the game defensively

19. apugh832

apugh832 Member

Personally i just want some tougher guys, some more competitive guys...

would love to see james harden over here he is a PLAYER...but that would mean having to let go of Kevin martin. which is fine to me, i think harden is ready for a bigger role then he has in OKC.

would love to get cole aldrich he is a very good big to have in this league, knows how to play ball and play his role on the team. & can score for his postion. young and still has so much room to grow, but defensively he will be a big addition.

Harden
    Chase
    Patterson
    Aldrich

Personally at the PG position i just think we are to small and frail. like i said need to toughness, to go along with some athletic ability....look at the premier guard in the NBA (deron 6'4 212, rose-freak athlete, westbrook-freak athlete/tough as nails/GREAT defender, rondo-6'2 w/ 6'9 wingspan)...all in all i think we need "ELITE LEVEL PG" cant get that through trade unless we attain the right to rubio, yes i know he is not a freak athlete but he is gritty & tough as any competitor at his position and he defends as well as being 6'4.

what if we had Eric Bledsoe???? hes built different, has a thick frame and is strong, long arms. great defender. he will be good as he develops more

if not then im would also be very content w/ Kyrie Irving that kid is SPECIAL....what ever we have to do in this draft we have to fine a way to come with him.

not knocking the pgs we currently have but none of them are super stars, they just arent big enough to have the impact needed (BIG ISH FAN, love what he brings. toughness)....in todays NBA the PG position is crucial.

20. Raven

Raven Member

Too much talent to lose 60-70 games, which is what it would take to have a decent chance for a top three pick. Morey would have to trade Luis, Kevin, Brooks, Shane, essentially everyone except Hill, Chase, Bud, and Ish.