1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blood Pressure/Nose bleed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tharges, Apr 23, 2020.

1. tharges

tharges Member

Looking for advice, I’ve been experiencing nose bleeds due to blood pressure spiking. Since it started I had my medication adjusted and it’s been normal daily. I also had my nose cauterized and waited 5 days before I tried to sleep in my bed. I slept in it last night and woke up to blood trickling in my nose. Which leaves to wonder what to do? I treat it with afrin to stop the bleeding and it works well however it’s just temporary. Looking for next steps and would appreciate any advice if any of you have experienced this. Thank you in advance for the advice.

2. Buck Turgidson

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My advice is to call your doctor

body slam likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Have you tried disinfectant or UV light?

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hard to say. You're 48 (from your profile page) and have high blood pressure. Do you drink or smoke? How is your diet and exercise?

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I just saw one of the key folks from the Texas Medical Center talking about how people are delaying seeing the Doctor when they really should. They've had a bunch of DOA heart attacks, burst appendix, gall bladders, etc. because people are scared to go to the Doctor or Hospital. Most hospitals are triaging COVID patients into completely different buildings from the rest of the patient population, and they have an extremely low number of COVID patients anyways (relatively).

Go to the Doctor. Do teledoc. Don't come to a basketball BBS for advice on heart related nose bleeds.

texanskan likes this.
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I've got the hypertension and heart failure too thanks to some mean neighbors.... The nose bleed is when the blood pressure does get really high. Find a way to lower it...

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

One thing for sure, stay the hell away from whole milk. That stuffed up my nose so bad that i could barely sleep.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

last resort is an endoscopic ligation surgery or anterior ethmoid artery, but before that ,you need 2nd assessment to previous procedure ; a balloon type catheters if it was not done, different packing, ask your doctor if daflon500 can speed up your blood vessels recovery, initial treatments failure is common but not concerning,just needs follow up