1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"blood libel" = too far this time?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 12, 2011.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yea it's so funny when we joke about killing kids...Did you find the killing of the 9 yr. old funny in Arizona too? Of course not, I imagine...btw, even the ADL stated the term blood libel is nowpart of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused....

“While the term ‘blood-libel’ has become part of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused, we wish that Palin had used another phrase, instead of one fraught with pain in Jewish history.”
    http://politicallyillustrated.com/index.php?/news_page/iw/2195/

I respect terms that have become part of the English parlance as it has become now understood rather than a fantasy joke about killing some kids...and hand-to-hand combat, and special olympics, etc....

#101 ROXRAN, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not really... the last time I checked there is a slight difference in the President making a humorous protective father joke and a lunatic gunning down a 9 year old girl.

Maybe thats just me.

3. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

The best defense is a good offense.

[​IMG]

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Break out the smelling salts.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I think we all agree that killing the Jonas Brothers would be hilarious.

6. ROXRAN

Can yall please wait for my additions...thanks - yes I'm slow (I was eating)

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That was the old, moderated version of D&D. Now you just have to suck in the smelling salts and get back up, mister.

By the way, the Jonas Brothers can in no way be considered "kids." I'm not sure they are even human.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see anything wrong with Palin's use of "blood libel". It's kinda lame, self-serving, insensitive, and definitely an exaggeration, but it's standard Palin speak that shows how clueless she really is.

What's embarrassing to me is that she even has to put of a video trying to make some speech about free speech and libel or whatever on the day people are mourning. If she wants to be a leader she needs to start acting like one and not a wounded princess.

Guess what Sarah - every politician gets grilled and criticized for stupid stuff. Deal with it in a class way. Show some leadership for once.

All she had to do was ignore it and if someone asked her about it say that it's silly stuff. But by playing the victim and getting all worked up about what a few people say...and the media which is always sensationalizing everything just demonstrates a lack of political aptitude and a lack of sensitivity for the families.

It's not about you Palin.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Who? So because of him, Sarah should usurp the real victims and put up a video to the nation claiming she is the real victim in all of this mess?

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Obama was never their friend. They may have met once. The whole "pals around with terrorists" is blood libel.

As for Sarah Palin having a map with targets and people criticizing that as being not a good thing to do. How is that smearing someone?

Some of the criticism has come from Republicans, including potential presidential candidates. What do you say to them?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  12. ROXRAN

B-Bob, you are awesome. That was good :grin: ...

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Who decided that pretending the president is Paul Robeson is a good way to run an opposition party?

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haha. Too true.

15. ChievousFTFace

The only leadership she's shown is building some bridge to nowhere, losing a campaign, and quitting her governor's seat. Time to put her on ignore.

16. ROXRAN

So what will you do to yourself when she becomes the President, and do you need help? I'm here for you...

17. ChievousFTFace

If she becomes President, she will have my support even though there's a 0% chance I'd ever vote for her. Until then, she's just another talking head.

18. ROXRAN

Have a great day...good post.

19. ChievousFTFace

Likewise

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

maybe you should do as Angle stated and exercise your 2nd amendment rights.