1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blockout the NFL Save our 2011 Season!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocketmike, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

As a football fan I want a season. Here's my idea. If you don't like it or ignore it I understand. But if you can in any way promote this or especially if you can buy a cheap nerf football and send it off please do. Here's the idea:

OK. Here's the idea. The NFL and the Players Association are unable to get their act together. This is threatening the 2011 season and the fans need to send a message. WE WANT OUR 2011 SEASON!

Letters do no good, they are easy to throw out. Emails get put in the trash bin to easily so here is what I am proposing:

In the past you sent a message to someone by sending them a horse head. Well Animal rights activists would be all over me if I were to suggest that so I've got the perfect substitute. First, go to Walmart or Target and buy a football NOT officially licensed by the NFL . It can be one of the cheap $3 footballs or any football you have laying around the house. Then on the 25th we are all going to send a message to the NFL that will never be forgotten. If you are a fan of an AFC team send your football to the league office. If you are a team of an NFC team send a football to the Players association. If everyone mails them on the same day the NFL and the NFLPA will receive hundreds of thousands or possibly MILLIONS of footballs within a couple of days. You can't simply shred them or send them to a dumpster. They might even have to go get together to figure out how to dispose of them. Maybe while they're doing that they can get together and talk about this CBA and save the season.

Lets send them a message they can't discard so easily.

Thanks,
    Texanmike

AFC fans the NFL League address is:

National Football league
    280 Park Avenue
    New York, NY 10017

NFC fans the NFLPA address is:

NFLPA
    1133 20th Street
    Washington DC 20036

P.S.

Roger, if you're reading this. I suggest you do the right thing and get an agreement together. Oh and donate the balls to local charities after you get that done.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141717002557084&ap=1