1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

BLM "leader" loves rich white people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Apr 10, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I understand BLM and why it exists, but I'm curious what the money that goes to BLM is used for. Do they use it to lobby politicians or pay for attorneys. I'm pretty cynical about "awareness" charities.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was being facetious. (and perhaps you are too, and I missed it)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who would’ve thunk it

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Here's a good story for the OP, with some cops treating a Black military officer very poorly during a meritless traffic stop.
    They got to use so much of their training: pepper spray, threats, beat down and hand cuffing, all because he ... dared to own and drive a new SUV.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/A-Black-Army-officer-held-at-gunpoint-during-16091450.php

Showed him how little we need BLM, right? I mean, he survived after all, didn't he... survived owning a new car as a Black man in America, as he serves America.

Also, SMDH. Glad he's suing their asses.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I guess when nobody else crawled out of their bunker for the big rally, Senator had to find something else to do.

VooDooPope, London'sBurning and B-Bob like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

"GET OUT OF THE CAR!"

"I'm afraid to get out of the car."

"YOU SHOULD BE!"

Quality crisis management and tension diffusing there, good job police.

apollo33, Nook, deb4rockets and 6 others like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Probably his fault. What's his criminal record? Why is he wearing his uniform still? Maybe he should have just handled it better in the end and none of this would have happened...

Nook, mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Did he tell him he was on scare tactics?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly nobody has addressed this most important point specifically addressing what BLM is and isn't, but Senator and the other encouraged dog whistlers just keep pretending this post doesn't exist.

Nook likes this.
  10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Surprised that it didn't become a thread of its own (or maybe I missed it). Nazario being a pro and cool-headed army officer probably saved his life. Any normal panicking law-abiding citizen kind of reaction would probably have costed him his life. Had Nazario not driven slowly to the well-lit gas station with surveillance camera but rather stopped at the dark road immediately, had he not kept his hands out of window with full visibility to the camera all the time but followed "order" to unbuckle and open the door, had he lied down on stomach immediately etc etc. From mixed orders to the excessive pressure and force, it's almost like a setup to begin with, the officers just provoked and pressured Nazario to make one wrong move, then they might have emptied their magazines.

It's not just bias and brutality, but almost smells like failed attempted murder. The worse part is, it seemed like a routine to them and they are still on the street doing the same thing.

#30 real_egal, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Nook, Reeko, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would have been cheaper to get a house in Compton or Inglewood or South Central

fire her realtor !
    @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What I don't get is how avidly he must scour the sites of, say, WSJ editorial page and Washington Times and the NY Post and the New Klan Herald (okay, the last one I made up) and then post it here. I do hope he got outside yesterday, if he lives in Houston. Beautiful weather to clean out the hatred in the soul.

When I take neighborhood walks, there's a home where you can see inside the living room and the TV is always on FOX. Always. Good God, take a break.

deb4rockets and B-Bob like this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Do we actually know that this is a property she purchased for personal use with BLM donation funds? Where was this reported/confirmed?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why are you asking him a question? He only tweets right wing memes via Twitter in this subforum. He won't engage in a discussion or actually use his own thoughts.

Nook likes this.
  16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

If Jason Whitlock's against it, I'm for it.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I wish I could be that definitive but a even a broken clock.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It is amazing how often the founder of BLM changes if they can be considered doing something negative.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Blacks engaging predominately white environments, establishments and institutions, in a country where they out number us 6 to 1 and are still the majority.

What part of the 100+ year struggle for racial ****ing integration was that?

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you mean why is he wearing his uniform? He was on his way home from work.