1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blinebury: Houston, Minnesota Pleased

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by towW, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's "messing up" because that's a banned website. Too much garbage and so-called "rumors" come from them that are just bogus news stories. I'll leave this open since supposedly Fran Blinebury wrote it. If another admin wants to close it, they can.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

T-Mac to get Rubio isn't even possible. They'd have to trade away Jefferson to even get close to making the money match.

So let's assume it starts with Brooks and Landry. We'd already have Brooks replacement in Rubio who would split time with Lowry. Landry is a part of the rotation, but I mean we would still have Scola, Hayes, and Dorsey. And if T-Mac does get moved, I assume we'll be addressing depth at C and PF one way or another.

I don't see it happening though, why would they want Brooks when they just got Flynn?

3. redao

redao Member

we are not in win now mode.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think he said that so the wolves trade him. :cool:

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

it's hoopsworld...

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If he is going back to europe b/c of the bayout, Lex put six Million of his own money to get three picks in the second round, let alone if could get Rubio...:)

7. stab

stab Member

I don't think Rubio will end up being a better player than Brooks.........no trade...

8. hhh345

hhh345 Member

how about this trade?

aaron brooks
    jermaine taylor
    1st round pick
    brian cook
    for
    ricky rubio and
    one of their bad contracts

9. AB#0

AB#0 Member

We've been hearing Houston has been interesting in Rubio for about a month. Do something already!

10. Asian Sensation

We've been in WIN NOW mode for the last 5 years. What exactly have we won? One first round series playoff matchup during that span. Rubio CAN provide immediate help and even more in the future. If we can get him without giving up too much it's a no brainer.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly!

People know this ends the Yao Ming/Tmac era and brings in a new. Yet they are trying to hold onto this wasted era in which we've won nothing but 'Maybe next year...'

I don't get this logic that we can't win now if we get Rubio. We're replacing Aaron Brooks...not Chris Paul.

12. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

I think we can forget about Rubio, Donnie Walsh of the Knicks is working to acquire him as speak and is good friends with Minnesota's GM Kahn. Also Rubio (despite him and his family not liking cold weather) would love to play in New York and supposedly that is where he has wanted to go all along.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why would the Wolves want Brooks OR Landry?? They have Jefferson and Love at PF, and now Flynn (very similar to Brooks) at PG.

Houston is going to have to pony up a star (or up & comer) SG or SF plus future 1st(s) to get Rubio.

Neither Landry or Brooks are going to the Wolves, but could go to another team in a 3 team trade.

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Good thing Minnesota is wanting Brian Cook then.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If we have nothing to offer the Wolves but need the 3rd team then the 3rd team would just cut us out and take Rubio for themself.

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

If we trade for Rubio, it has to involve a third team.

The two pieces that we offer Landry and Brooks; Min doesn't need. They got KLove, Al Jeff, Rubio, and Flynn at those positions.

17. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

There was a time, a long time ago, when people would run trades through Trade Checker before posting them. Please make sure the trade would even be possible before posting it.

You guys and your dreamcasting - it's ridiculous. It goes like this -

Bunch of Rockets Garbage Players
    Future First Round Pick (of course will be b****ing about giving this away this time next year)
    One Halfway decent player to make the trade look realistic

for

Another team's star

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hey if the Spurs and Magic can get their stars for nothing, why cant we? :rolleyes: Though in all seriousness, I agree word for word on what you said,especially the draft pick thing. Everyone would be happy happy joy joy now, we got Rubio, come this time next year, it would be oh darn, we dont have a pick and the Morey bashing will begin again. Some need to rethink and reconsider. The Rockets have nothing the T'Wolves want. This isnt NBA 2k10 or NBA Live 10.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hear an echo. :D

20. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

In Both situations, the teams were making the moves purely for financial relief. These trades make sense. Minnesota isn't looking for financial relief with Ricky Rubio. They are rebuilding and want quality, young talent in return. Certainly not Brent Barry or Brian Cook.

The financial issue is exactly why T-Mac trades are realistic. With his enormous expiring contract, a trade for T-Mac is clearly more of a financial move than a trade to acquire talent.

1 person likes this.