1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Bledsoe for Afflalo ?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Jun 24, 2013.

?

Which team does better if ORL sends Arron Afflalo to LAC for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler?

1. Los Angeles Clippers (gets Afflalo)

55 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Orlando Magic (gets Bledsoe, Butler)

88 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...ric-bledsoe-los-angeles-clippers-eric-bledsoe

Bledsoe was one of the pieces that would have gone to LAL if a Griffin for Howard swap occurred, so I would take this as good news as a Rocket fan.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I would agree, except Blake Griffin alone is still a good haul for SnT Dwight.

On another note, my how quickly Afflalo has gone from "centerpiece" to trade chip.

Amazing how the huge 4-team trade moving Dwight to LA may work out in the end. Dwight may leave LA. Bynum never plays for Philly. Iggy opts out of this last year with Denver. Afflalo is traded to the Clips.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wasn't Afflalo supposed to be so great, he was the reason Orlando sent Howard to the Lakers instead of to Houston?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is this all they can get for Bledsoe? Really?

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

magic still have vucevic who was coming on strong last year which is big and some draft picks as well.

oddly enough if they all move on then the Magic would have won by default by having vucevic still but still their "haul" for Dwight was horrendous - they gave up the best player and didnt even get the 2nd (bynum) or 3rd (iggy) best player in the trade.

6. GageD

GageD Member

The Magic org really could use some help. LAC gets better. :(

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fantastic move for the Magic...

8. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

A Double was nothing more than Trevor Ariza

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

but on this supposed trade -

that is a terrible return for just Bledsoe unless the Magic thrown in a draft pick.

Bledsoe would be a much better PG in this league if he got some more PT - the guy is dynamic and is a major reason why that second unit is so explosive.

But the fact they are also sending Caron Butler means that the Clippers will be getting Pierce after a buyout (or super confident they will)

Paul
    Afflalo
    Pierce
    Griffin
    Jordan

thats not a bad starting 5 at all

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Poll Thread

Adding a poll...

Which team does better if Orlando send Arron Afflalo to the LA Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler?

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lol Affalo keeps being put in these trades.. smh, he is nothing more than a role-player with NO upside

12. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I like him for the Clips. Good 3 and D type of player. He should get his 3pt% back up to the around .400 like he was with Denver. But yeesh at that contract. $7+ milion a season til 2016?

With butler gone who becomes the Clips new starting SF? Matt Barnes?

Seems like Orlando is winning big time with this trade. They get a young blue chipper in Bledsoe and they get to dump salary since Butler expires this year. They can prob flip him to a contender at the deadline get even more value.

13. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I didnt consider the angle of Paul Pierce being bought out by the C's. If the Clips complete this deal and can sign PP then its a great "win-now" move.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Al harrington, eric bledsoe and a soft center.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pretty bad deal for the clips

Butlers going to a FA next year i think? Afflalo has another 3 years for 8 mill. Clips do save about 3 million, but giving up bledsoe and a serviceable butler for afflalo who's coming off a injury isn't that great.

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

So that pretty much guarantees Orlando will be drafting either Oladipo or McLemore, right?

17. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

A Griffin for Howard sign and trade doesn't work salary wise. The Clippers would need to throw in additional salary, and since they would need to send Butler to make the salaries match in a Bledsoe-Affalo deal, the only person they could use would be Crawford, and the Lakers wouldn't want him given how badly they've been hyping up the 2014 FA class for their fans. Bottom-line, I never took Howard to the Clippers seriously, but now there's no way it's happening.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Fair trade. I think people have been overrating Blesdoe lately.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think it's close to a lock they draft Oladipo at #2.

20. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah. He hasnt proven anything.