1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe done for the year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Dec 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. val_modus

val_modus Member

These meniscus surgeries are so tricky for young players..

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Suns announce that Eric Bledsoe underwent surgery for meniscus tear in left knee. He's done for 2015-16 season.</p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/681916811588157440">December 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He was having a good season. Sucks.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Well that's one team down for the race to the 8th spot of the West playoffs ;)

Need to find 6 more

Oh there is the Lakers so that makes it two teams out

I like Rockets chances!

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Didn't know the Rockets goal in 2016 after reaching WCF would be the 8th spot. Sad

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Right, because the rest of us did......

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I wrote in an earlier thread that Horny lost this team long ago.

Firesale is coming. Bledsoe's injury, as we know, will forever change his game, especially being a small guard.

Everyone is available, esp. #FOE.

Knight? He's the cornerstone at the moment, but nothing untouchable.

My poor city. Other than the Cards, this team is Washed.

PJ Tucker would give some solid defense though.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hey the Cards are the best team in football, there running away with the Superbowl imo.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Suns franchise hopes just went down the drain in lass than a year. 90% their own fault though.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Sprry codman but i dont agree with that. I think a meniscus surgery doesnt mean a death sentence to players carreer. Many have come back and i also serious doubt that booker amd warren are really available.

1 person likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

But hey lucky knight will have a chance again to run a team on his own. I see suns fans saying the same that we bucks fans said before. Hes not a pg and he cant run a team.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Knight is at least better than MCW though

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It doesn't mean a death sentence, but watch how Bledsoe plays. He loves penetrating the lane. He plays with explosion. He's going to have to change his game, and being a smaller guard, that's going to be difficult to elevate over bigger guys.

Meniscus surgery has changed countless players careers drastically. I hope the best for Bled. I've met him and he's a nice guy and does great things for our city.

But, with his max contract, I don't think he's going to return to the same form. Just my 2 cents from watching my young college guys blow that thing out and never return to the same form.

And, according to Thunda, Tucker can be had. He's loved here, but he wants a bigger role and a bigger market.

Thanks for responding though. I love having conversations with knowledge. Dope. :)

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

WB came back from meniscus surgery better than ever but it took a while. He hasn't changed his game one bit. In fact, he plays more manic than ever.

15. malakas

malakas Member

As I said countless times (not here but in another forum where the Knight debate was an every day battle that makes the clutchfans Jones "war" seem like a walk in the park) just because someone sucks too doesn't mean the other suck less. MCW at least is not paid or extended. And MCW is less...boneheaded. I despise watching either play but I dont' want to pull my hair everytime I watch MCW attacking like I did with Knight.

Knight should be a sg next to a ball dominant pg or a 6th man. But the problem is that he doesn't realise it. He has been vehemently against accepting this role ever since before he got to the NBA. If he did everything would be good. Even his contract would be fine with the new cba.
    There is plenty of hope that he will do in the future esp if he plays next to a true star.

But to say the positives Knight is an amazing guy. He has great leadership qualities and is extremely hard worker.
    But you can't fix sight. You can't make someone who doesn't see the floor see it.
    I know but Bledsoe has had previous injuries and he managed to come back. And sadly he's playing style is not for a long carreer any way, imo.

P.J would be a great addition to any team. If they could get rid of Chandler too that would be great for them. But their young talent has potential and I don't see them trading.

The Suns FO has been accused for many things and they made silly decisions but I am convinced it's because of Sarver. Because on their own most of those deals are good deals and the GM is smart.
    The fruits of the Dragic trade will come soon and they will be glorious. Booker seems what he was advertised to be and even better and Warren is an amazing scorer.
    Just get rid of the fat and hope that the owner has learned a lesson because no matter how good the GM is there is nothing saving a team from a bad owner.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hasn't he had knee surgery before? That's rough. Not fun being a Suns fan right now...

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The silver lining is this actually forces them to forfeit the season and get to play their kids extended minutes. Devin Booker and especially TJ Warren are very promising. Both are great offensive talents. If/when they improve on defense, watch out.

18. amaru

amaru Member

It has changed in the sense that a lot of his explosive maneuvers are north and south instead of east to west.....if that makes any sense.

19. Asian Sensation

Good thing they still have Isaiah Thomas and Dragic. Freaking PG hoarders.