1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

bleacherreport - why houston will win it all in 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jd3, Jul 25, 2010.

1. gatsby

gatsby Member

I definitely agree with that. But I've decided to not analyze it and think that the Rockets finally got a little bit of respect.

tm

2. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Didn't even mention Jordan Hill.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Thanks for the link.

Here is to the naysayers: we will beat you to the ground, from the first minute you step on the court till the very last second. We will run fresh bodies, run the Princenton offense to perfection all the while having a 7'6" giant blocking the paint.

Signed,

The Entire Houston Rockets team.

4. Eddie281Houston

good to see this from him...as a houston rockets fan ill see this team being capable of anything we seen it all the 22 streak and make to the second round without Tmac...and very fast growing players on the houston roster...daryl marey knows whats his doing...and props to Leslie Alexander how to handle this team with heart and smartness! :grin:

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just like i have been saying all along. ;)

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

A best case scenario prognostication...if the planets align, if the stars form a giant "R" in the sky, if, if, if. A similar piece could be written on a number of NBA teams. I do think a finals appearance is possible, BUT I think Yao must return to peak form and stay there. No significant injuries, several players must take the next step, the post All Star game slump must be avoided. In other words, if they play like champions all year, they might become champions. Champions don't take nights off, champions don't toy with the weaker teams, they put them away, early. Champions are relentless, confident, and determined. AND they are usually very talented in all phases of the game, at every position. Yes, I think the Rockets could do it if they have a magical year. That's why we watch. Our expectations may soar or sour, it's up to the team.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

LOL! LOL!! LOL!!!

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Makes me glad we have members like BimaThug and The_YoYo that write actual good informative articles.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

That article is exactly what I have been saying. The Rockets, believe it or not are the darkhorses for the Finals. We have a group of players put together by the genius Morey that can compete with the best of 'em.

The article mentioned playing both Yao and B.Miller at the SAME time against the Lakers. Now that, my friends would be awesome! The twin towers return! Well maybe not exactly lol, but pretty close. We are finally going to be able to have TWO 7 footers on the floor together (health willing).

Our front court, I believe ranks in the top 3 in the NBA. How are you gonna stop Brooks/Martin?? How about even trying to contain them?? Not gonna happen.

Then we have our defenders... Granted our team defense as a whole has been kind of low recently, but I do believe with Yao coming back, our defense will improve dramatically as a TEAM. Battier will still be the heart and soul of the team, and I believe he will inspire others to achieve to greatness.

Now, with all that said, I honestly do believe that we have a special season coming up ahead of us. The pieces are there, we just have to let them mesh on the court!

And lastly GO ROCKETS!!

p.s.

[​IMG]

10. bloop

bloop Member

142 ppg???

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

lol at this Laker's fan

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because of the Brad Miller signing.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Dude, that's not a claim you want to be making. For as homeriffic as Cluchfans can be at times, most of us can tell that article is pure BS. Sure, we may wind up contending, but not for the dumbass reasons that guy listed.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Go away already :cool:

15. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Opinions do change. I don't think we had Scola and Miller locked in yet

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

:grin:

17. joesr

joesr Member

I like that they mentioned the fisher/scola issue.

I hate fisher and would boo him anytime he touched the ball in the toyota center

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What so BS about prediciting the Rockets could be legitamate contenders in the west?

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

No love for Jordan Hill?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He got a lot wrong, but overall, he got the end right.

:)

DD©