1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Arun Sharma, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Man Blazers were trailing by 11 point in middle of 3rd. Batum has hit 4 three pointers in fourth quarter and now leading by 8.

I don't know what it is... but injuries does not seem to stop them. Everytime I think they are going to lose and open up 8th spot, they find ways to win.

Couple days ago, they were trailing Clippers big time and won easily. Today, Indiana lead most of the time and again they are finding ways to win it... :( :(

I just hate them!

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Aldridge has taken his game to a new level, It's his team now and his supporting cast revolves around him now. Saying all that, they are a fringe playoff team so injuries have caught up with them.

3. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

And there is no Andre Miller tonight... so thats missing Oden, Roy, Camby, Miller, Williams.... and yet they just find ways to win...

Great coaching job.

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Great coaching job you say? And he's a free agent after this season? Hmmm.........

5. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Good for them. They deserve that eighth spot in the west. LaMarcus Aldridge has stepped up as their leader and become an outright beast. Last five games: 54% shooting, 27.6 points, 9.8 rebounds. I hope he makes the all-star team, he deserves it. Couldn't be more proud of a former Longhorn.

6. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

They were showing Love vs. Aldridge and then Griffin vs. Aldridge .. Aldrigde raped both of them in head to head matchup... and he is actually winning for his team. It's a shame that on NBA.com poll, he got the least vote.

7. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Assuming everyone is healthy:

Miller/Williams/Roy/Camby/Oden

vs.

Rudy/Matthews/Batum/Cunningham/Aldridge.

That injured team would kick this current team's ass. It's quite a testament to Pritchard's management that this team is currently five games over .500.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I was always a huge Aldridge fan and I'm happy he is stepping up. I was always a supporter of him getting his huge contract, I always thought he was worth the money. I'm glad he is proving that he can be the man on a team.

9. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Man I wish that was our team. They find new guys to win for them everyday. Somedays its patty mill who hits big shots. Somedays Mathews is on fire. Then Batum makes 25 points... and Rudy hits big shots and Aldrige hit clutch shots... With so many injuries, how do they get best out of everyone available is just amazing.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Makes me more bitter Raptors drafted a Guido instead of Aldridge.............

11. MONON

MONON Member

They have a BIG in the middle to get rebounds & alter shots. They are still a solid ball club. They have an all star with very good role players. The real question will be when Roy comes back. Will he say it's Aldridge's team or at least it's Aldridge and Roy's team or will he say it's my team? If it's the latter, Portland won't be as good as they are now.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

they just don't lose. Nate under pressure is cool...

to tread above water while sustaining the injuries, making the Rockets look like pretenders...

13. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Yeah, they don't have even close talent to us. Their Bench sucks and weak compared to our's, but still someone on that bench plays a big game.

Aldridge is only consistent player in that team. It's amazing they just find 1 or 2 other players to play big games.

They are a confident bunch. We are weak-minded.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I respect them. They are doing a fine job.

15. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Hate them because they are rivals, but respect them because of how they play.

16. gambingo

gambingo Member

We would be right where the Blazers are if our players can play both defense and offense. We need to blow this thing up and get rid of some of our one dimensional players......seriously we have too many of them on our roster MOREY!!!! :mad:

17. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Some people here were wishing for Aldridge to go down. Looks like their wish is about to come through. Blazersedge says Aldridge to have MRI on right hip that has apparently been bothering him for more than a week now.

18. lalala902102001

Talking about bad luck -- they can't catch a break can they?

19. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Boston should win tonight!!! It will balance out us losing to Dallas.

20. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Nate is a great coach. Kobe absolutely loves Nate and wants him to coach the lakers if phil leaves. that is saying something.

and of course, they have LMA