1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Blazer's "Talkin' Ball" Reaction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by halfling131, Apr 19, 2009.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

umm, can you number the 7 flops i mentioned??? Io said scola flopped once and shane once or twice, that totals to 3.

I said shane's fall against outlaw WAS NOT a flop. It only appeared that way because he didnt get the call and fell.

The charge scola drew on lamarcus laster int he game WAS a charge, scola may have fell faster than he should have, but lamarcus definitely gave him a shoulder. Is that a flop to you as well? Flops to me are when there's no foul, if you get fouled and fall harder than you should or fly further than you should i wouldn't call that a straightout flop.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and i dont count scola's hand gestures as flops because they were quick, he didnt stop his play as if expecting the call, and he didnt draw fouls on them like you suggested. Shane didn't even draw many fouls, maybe one charge. Are you counting the 3pointer he was fouled on? That was a bad call by the ref, but shane didnt flop or try to draw the foul, roy did take his feet out.

3. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

You can get a charge even when moving you feet especially blackguards if you beat the player to the spot and the offensive player is the one running over you, more so when he got the elbows out.

If you don' want to call a charge at lest don't call nothing.

4. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

i love how they were thinking it was a foul when crapzilla was obviously flopping

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i guess by that logic opposing fans could complain that aaron brooks gets too many superstar calls and then we would have to stop saying that about kobe or lebron, but you see, one is true and one isn't.

we could all pretty clearly see oden shuffling his feet and lowering his shoulder on almost every post-up, and we can all pretty clearly see that yao gets called for a lot of travels and a lot of offensive fouls, many on minimal contact generated by yao. it's fairly impossible to argue either of those so the "well opposing fans say it so you can't complain" argument is pretty weak in this case.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I don't see what being black has to do with it.

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

I think the game was officiated in our favor, but they lost by 30. So crying to the officials is pretty weak.

Those fans that blamed the refs should be ashamed. However I think we need to recognize that those fans do not represent the Blazer fans on a whole.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Battier flopped once, and tried to oversell obvious offensive contact on two other occasions. He didnt flop on the 3 pointer, since Roy fell down first and took out his feet. Its a call that the refs didnt want to make, but players are responisble for what they do when they are on the ground. I remember a player tried to flop on the Rockets and fell down, then another player tried to attack the basket and tripped over him, and the foul was on the guy on the ground.

Scola flopped once, and tried to oversell obvious offensive contact a couple times. The one where Aldridge drove that shoulder into him was a proper call.

When Yao travels, its usually a step where he doesnt go anywhere, and thats why they dont call it. MOst players who technically travel dont go anywhere so its not called. If the player actually does it while going somewhere, they call it. This is why I was surprised it wasnt called on Oden, since he was stepping closer and closer to the rim. Maybe not the first time, but the 2nd time was just as obvious. Of course, being behind 30+ points might have had something to do that.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

TD is a perfect example

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

All the Blazer fans need to understand that the Playoffs are a totally different animal. It's about physicality and mental toughness. We earned that the hard way against the j*zz.