1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers sign Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Yordan, Nov 14, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Super duper washed! How’s Gary Clark doing? “Yeah but the advanced stats PIPM, RIPM, GIGEM, RAPTOR, TRICERATOPS say Gary Clark is just factually better than Carmelo!”

Carmelo Anthony passes Hakeem Olajuwon for 11th on NBA's all-time scoring list

Carmelo Anthony moved into 11th place on the NBA's all-time scoring list, passing Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon by hitting a pull-up jumper with 9 minutes, 46 seconds left in the fourth quarter of the Portland Trail Blazers' 125-121 win at the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night.

Olajuwon, a two-time NBA champion and 12-time All-Star with the Houston Rockets, ended his career with 26,946 points.

"We all know what Hakeem did for the game," Anthony said during an on-court interview. "The mark he left on this game is well beyond precedent."

Anthony finished with 26 points for Portland as he took over the game down the stretch.

"I'm just happy to be here," Anthony said. "I'm still here is all that matters. I'm able to continue to play. I'm still here and I'm still climbing."

Anthony's performance Saturday put him at 26,955 points for his career. Next up on the NBA's scoring list is Elvin Hayes in 10th with 27,313 points.

#641 J.R., Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    hakeemthagreat and bmelo like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. TimDuncanDonaut

If that game was in MSG, I'm afraid MSG security would have tackle that cute little boy.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

If that happened in MSG, Patrick Ewing would try to lead the boy back to his parents, and the MSG security would have tackled them both. :D

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Melo is the suck.

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah let's **** over hall of famer and invest time into Bruno Cabolco. Carmelo would be the best player on current roster if you think about it, I know Wood hype train is big but that dude can't defend parked car just like Carmelo, while Anthony is better scorer and has way more experience. Like 15 years at the top compared to 15 games of 25ppg of Wood. Both can't playmake too. I think Melo rebounds better too. It's all about the hype and media in this nba circus. How is Isaiah without contract while Clemons has one?

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Top 3 most skilled player in terms of triple threat ever. But he isn't step-in back for 3 enough for some clutchfans lol nba is a joke rn

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Seeing he passed Hakeem made me think, damn the inefficient chucker has scored THAT many points?!

I had to look a little deeper and my assumption was confirmed.

Melo had an elite skill. Shooting the ball a lot. Took him roughly 600 more shots than Dream to pass him.

Look through that top 20 of all time scorers and even though he played in a much more efficient era compared to most on the list, he is one of the least efficient on there.

A fine member of the all Iverson team. Players who will be remembered as WAY better than they actually were because they were popular.

AXG, BHannes2BHonest, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

So why nobody on our current roster scores that many points, since couple of them is chucking **** at will?

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What is it you are trying to say here...I need an exact question to give you an exact answer.

Are you asking why no one on our current Rockets team is in the top 11 all time of NBA scoring? No one has managed to shoot the ball 21,000 times in their careers yet.

Are you asking why no one on our current Rockets team is averaging around 14 points per game on below league average efficiency? I mean that’s an easy one. We have multiple guys doing that.

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

He was a prima donna who didn't fit with what the team was doing. The Rockets decided to jettison him and it was the right decision. Glad he revived his career elsewhere.

cheke64 likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He hasn't had a positive impact on the basketball floor in 5 years, and yet he still has a ton of supporters.

fckbandwagons, YOLO and studogg like this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

are you from corpus?

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

It starts with ownership, we all know who's fault it is we don't have 11 and 12 top scorers of all time. Would have at least 3 chips by now...

15. KingCheetah

16. KingCheetah

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

i know he is the number 1 for his sucker punching threat for sure

what's the other 2?

18. hakeemthagreat

Oh wait, does he deserve to be on a nba roster now YOLO?

19. hakeemthagreat

He was so bad the Blazers decided to resign him this offseason. Good post champ

20. KingCheetah