1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers: "no rebuilding"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cod, Apr 5, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

both LA and the batum are restricted right? if they mess with the goran, make an offer on those 2. make them over pay.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Two situations are not comparable.

They have a owner who has billions of dollars and gives their GMs all the freedom in the world.

They tanked several years and was able to get Roy, LMA and Oden. They did lose two of them but still have one.

They lost two but still have LMA. We never tanked, lucked into Yao/TMac and lost both. Yao was completely untradeable due to money and when TMac's name surfaced in trade rumors, he shut it down eliminating all of his value.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

If they did get Lowry and Lopez that starting 5 would be pretty damn good. Lowry Batum Wallace LA Lopez.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, he's in New Jersey.:grin:

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Haha I was thinking the same thing.. :grin:

6. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

lol rapped!!!!!!!! ;):p

7. VBG

VBG Member

I could definitely see them going for Lowry if they don't get Steve Nash.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ouch duh, hadn't had my coffee yet ;). Still putting Lopez next to LA would be lethal. Lowry would thrive with those bigs also.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They need to hire a coach and GM before they start dreaming big in free agency. Dragic will probably go there if they throw a huge contract at him, but why would Nash or Deron even consider them at this point?

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Blazers are actually playing better than Minny after they officially went into tank mode.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I could see the attraction to play in Portland. Billionaire owner and LA who is one of the best PF in the game. LA also doesn't seem like a douche, something that Howard is starting to appear to be.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a little afraid.

I think if they miss on Deron Williams (which doesn't look like a foregone conclusion to me), recruiting Dragic in free agency is a better play than signing Nash or trading for Lowry. Nash is the best player, but his window isn't nearly as long as Aldridge's. As for trading, they'll want to take a crack at Williams when free agency starts, so they'll trade their draft picks to fill a different position. If they traded the picks for Lowry, they'd be surrendering on Deron Williams. So, I expect they will trade to fill center and/or swing man, and sign a point guard in free agency, with Dragic an obvious candidate.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't like Brook Lopez next to LA. Too soft a front line and they are too similar. Lopez is an even softer rebounder than LA. Not a good mix.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Looks like Goran has his suitor.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Idk about that next year. We praise Nash for his conditioning but he has taken a step back. He's at 13, 11, 3 reb's and 1/2 a steal this year. Let's say his step back at 39 isn't that significant and he's at 12 and 10.5. Would you really take that over a 26 year old Lowry at 16, 8, 5 reb's and 2 steals? Let's not discount the fact that Nash plays NO D, and I'd say that Lowry is a better investment next year for the present and future.

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

So what kind of money does anyone think Portland could be willing to throw at Dragic?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I was Portland I'd be looking to trade for Lowry. Maybe a lotto pick and future considerations for Lowry straight up. Portland is smart, they wont overpay for Dragic.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Portland's pick isn't even top 10 at this point. I wouldn't trade Lowry unless it was for a top 6 pick.

EDIT: I forgot about the Nets pick. Wow what a mistake by NJ. That might be a little too high (4th) to trade for Lowry.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This would be a perfect situation for Morey. Blazers have 2 lotto picks. We have three ( Lowry, Martin, Scola )+( Bud, Morris, Patterson?, Parsons?) players that they could use to contend. We get those two picks, pair them with possilbly two more right out side the lotto(#'s7, 12,15,21??). We could probably get one of Portlands second rounders too. Trade 7 and 12 to move up into the top 5. Preferably to NO for #2. Now you have #2, #15, #21 and possibly a second rounder. Draft until they can't draft anymore.

20. supa

supa Contributing Member

The Blazers problem with trading the two lottery picks for established players is who are they going to give up to match salary? Next year they have Mathews at 6.5 Mil and Aldridge at 14 Mil. Everyone else is at 3 Mil or under.
    Crawford has a players option so don't think he is tradeable.
    They have to combine enough salary to get that superstar over to trade before or on draft day.
    If they wait till the summer then trade those picks they have to wait 30 days to trade them making it late summer before a trade can be approved.
    I think that puts us in a strong position to trade Lowry at 5.75 Mil for a couple of their smaller contracts and one or both of those lotto picks. They get to keep all of their cap room, add a starting PG plus keep Aldridge, Batum and Matthews and can still offer max money to Hibbert of someone else they want.
    It also takes them off the suitor list for Dragic if we decide he is the PG we want to keep.