1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

blazers fan forum mad at houston media

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MYLEVL, Apr 28, 2009.

1. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

http://www.blazersedge.com/

the story is on the main page. talkin about getting the rockets mad about nate mcmillan complaining about the refs

2. Landlord Landry

sweet! more Blazers board info!

WTF? is this a Rockets board or Blazers board?

3. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

where have u been? i always see people post **** from other fan forums. ITS THE FREAKIN PLAYOFFS DUDE. what do u expect. its not like im posting this about a wednesday night game in early november against the oklahoma city thunder.

when we played the jazz i always found links on this site.

i like going and lookin at the other side of the arguement and i have a feeling alot of people on this forum do too. :cool:

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I enjoyed the first few game pieces from that writer. Very well thought out and informative. Now it seems that instead of coming up with adjustments, strategies to outmaster the Rockets, the columnist is intend on saying that if they lose its because of whistles......

5. HookemHorns1250

The sad thing is, that if the referees actually called it by the books, Oden/Pryz would foul out every game, with the rule being that your not allowed to have two hands on the back of the offensive player. It happens every possession down the court, but the ref's pick and choose when to call it.

The reason that Blazers fans complain about these calls, is because they don't have a big man to feed the ball too, and have the opportunity to get these types of fouls called on the other team.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You didn't have to open up the thread and read it. I never understood that complaint. If you don't like it, don't read it. And if others agree with you then the thread will die.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I for one, have very much enjoyed looking into the other side's perspective. I more or less know what everyone thinks on this board, but not so much to the fans of opposing teams.

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Best part:

9. garrinr

garrinr Member

i must be biased because i just dont see these touch fouls, i feel like i am taking crazy pills when i read this stuff.

10. Dei

Dei Member

THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY THANK GOD THEY WEREN'T WITH TRACY

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

"I can’t believe how much the playoffs have made me hate the Rockets. And I mean absolutely DESPISE them. I didn’t mind them so much before and now they are one of my least favorite teams. Right up there with the L*kers, Celtics, Jazz, and Nuggets."

Weird.

12. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Portland think Yao should foul at the same rate as Oden and Prz. LOL Why not just let Roy and Yao all foul out and let's see who still wins?

Of course we shoot more free throws than a jump shooting team. Add to the fact that Blazers have to foul 2-3 times at the end of every game.

Excuses, excuses. I really hope we do what Denver did to NO last night. End of discussion.

13. Landlord Landry

then start a blazer's fan appreciation thread.

14. HookemHorns1250

It all comes down to the fact that we have an offensive minded big man, and they don't. We post up with our big men, they don't, so of course were going to get more of those calls.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Half of the comments for the blog post are actually compliments about Shane.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can someone point me to the rule about not allowing 2 hands on a post player?

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Thanks for the info, I love the answers all these guys gave. Yao with the politically correct answer, Battier with the funny answer and Artest with the honest and straightforward answer.

On the one hand the guys being loose is good, it could mean they come out with totall confidence and kill the Blazers. Then again, it could also mean they're overconfident and get killed. We'll have to wait and see but at least they have the chemistry... :D

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=5700013641&start=0

Update by Jason Friedman on game 5

18. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Exactly

I had to signup to their forums just to respond to this lol.

19. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

[Adelman]"That’s what it has to be. I don’t know what else to do. It was a one possession game (in Game 4). I mean, (Yao's) a little bit older than Roy and Aldridge, but they’re playing. I just try to judge that as we go. And that game, at the start of the fourth quarter, I would have sat him, but we were down six and the tide was really going the other way so I just decided to let it ride and see how the game went."

Yao said simply: "I’m available."

LOL Gotta love Yao.

20. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

In the frontcourt, there is no contact with hands and forearms by defenders except below the free throw line extended in which case the defender may only use his forearm

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html