1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers compare defending Spurs VS Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, May 12, 2014.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This! Finally someone rational.

2. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

"There's no question, they were watching that series against the Rockets," Lopez said, seguing without warning from a list of problems San Antonio poses to Portland's defense into a list of problems San Antonio poses to Portland's offense. "They saw how we had success against [Houston], and they changed it up. I've noticed defensively, I've only guarded Tim and Tiago on the block maybe once each. They aren't throwing the ball into the post. They are moving the ball around offensively. [They're] trying to disrupt us, packing it into the key, and running us off the three-point line."

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Did they really defend us? I mean we scored bunch of points against them in that series. The problem was we couldn't stop them from scoring one more bucket than we do in 3 of their 4 wins.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Got my brook for tonight. Will enjoy this.

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I called Rockets and Blazers "pretenders" back in January.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8592800&postcount=182

Teams with mediocre defense are all pretenders. It's not a myth that defense wins championships.

No team outside of of top 10 in defensive efficiency had ever won a championship for the last 20 years. Only one team had reached the Finals and Suns had the most efficient scoring in NBA history.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

Well, take a look at Harden/Parsons and Lin's productivity in the series... and their shooting percentages for the series...

It's not like we were lighting them up from the top down....

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

The scored one more baskets than us. We missed free throws. Those guys act as if they were that much than us. All they earned was a freaking sweep by the Spurs. Rude awakening. Call me bitter. It is what it is.

8. JazzLakerHater

The Blazers can talk all they want about how we were easy to guard but we still smoked their defense. I know one thing, if we were playing the Spurs, I know damn well we would not be getting swept and annihilated like they are.

I don't want to discredit what the Blazers accomplished, but we lost this series because of Harden's disappearing act and because of McHale's utter incompetence.

9. NickKent

NickKent Member

In other news, water is wet.

10. calcium

calcium Member

If this is the case, then a lot of the blame would be on Morey
    for equipping the team as it is.

(And also on McHale for not making lemonade)

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

team ball? psst...please.

12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Stop blaming the coach. We dont have a Patty Mills and Manu off the bench. Spurs have more players that can play than we do. Our role players are young and still developing. No matter what plays are called, they wouldn't execute like those spurs players. So please, stop this blaming the coach for the series loss. We had bad matchups at their strongest two positions.

13. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Harden drive???
    Since when you have delusion that harden with explosive and quick first step.
    He has skills but that's it.

14. queazie

queazie Member

You cannot be serious. What plays do you even see with McHale as the coach? Did you watch the plays Pop run? Pop knows how to develop a young player into a seasoned player. He can draw all your talent out can McHale do that? If the team or organisation isn't performing well, you blame the head. That has been and will always be the case, in basketball and in life.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

They weren't the superior team... yet, they almost swept us...

That's the problem...

16. Tubbin'

Tubbin' Member

Somewhere gary Kubiak disagrees with what the blazers claim in this thread

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No Tony Parker, Spurs still destroyed Blazers easily like a piece of cake.

Rockets should feel shame on this.

18. sutton

sutton Member

Morey said " Blazers is among the best 5th seed ever."

"In Morey we trust", LOL

19. YourSecretLover

i watched every second of our series. we have problems on offense as well, mostly due to the coaching and lack of 3-pt shooting. the only reason we score a lot is because of the pace we play

20. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

This is why I thought they should have put Parsons at the 4 and make LMA play defense