1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazer's clips

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I initially posted these in the game thread...then realized that by now, most of yall arent looking in there anymore...

and since I didnt want anyone to miss seeing the good things the Rockets do...Ill put them here.

notice some changes happening in the way the team is playing...Yao dn Tmac dont both sit at the same time...more running....quicker passes down low....and then, some of the worst fouls(nonfouls?) on Yao in recent history.

anyhoo.....I got clips...who wants em? ;)

enjoy :)

Remember, xvid codec.....and right click and Save As....the xvid videos will not play in your browser

First...some wrestling in the paint worthy of professional wrestling...Are the refs blind or what?

Yao is blatantly held by Ratliffe under the basket

Then....another real beauty...Yao gets sat on like a big ole couch...

Yao is jumped on by Ratliffe

but....Yao gets his revenge....

Yao slams it down on Ratliffe

and then he shows his form on a nice hookshot...shoot that sucker more often Yao!

Yao knocks down the beauty hookshot

and for good measure....I present a few of Yao's defensive efforts.

Yao does his best Deke imitation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now...it is time for some teamwork from our franchise players...

TMac drives baseline and feeds the big man

TMac feeds the big man again

and then TMac puts the final dagger in the Blazers

stick a fork in em...they're done

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now, its time to give some love to the roleplayers...they are playing well.

Deke shows he still has a little offensive skills

And then, Deke shows you how a big man is supposed to work under the basket

then Lue feeds Boki for the sweet 3

Who says the Rockets dont run the break?

if this next section had a title...it would be...TEAMWORK.

A very quick play..J Howard converts

Ball movement,ball movement...open shot....sweet.

Rockets break the trap..no more turnovers when trapped

and finally.....Mo plays the best defense of his life, and still gets beat...but I wanted to clip this cause you dont see Mo play defense this good very often...and he deserves props for trying...Zach was just lucky

If you think Mo doesnt know D, check this out...he does it well

one last one....the bad...:(

Yao...I love ya man....but You GOTTA get after those boards...

Yao gets beat to the ball by a out of position Rahim

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

Yao was getting battered by Ratliff but we got some of the calls towards the end which was good

I wish someone would talk to the refs

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Member

I couldn't believe it when they didn't give Yao freethrows after Ratliff jumped on top of him. Could have been a flagrant. Just give the guy the dang freethrows already! I'm beginning to think that Yao's great free throw touch is resulting in fewer calls than he deserves. The refs would have definately put Shaq or Duncan on the line in that situation.

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Member

That's exactly what I was thinking! Anyways, that's an interesting take you have on why the refs make fewer calls for Yao.

5. winwook

winwook Member

Thanks for the clips. Are these the regular Houston broadcasters? What's with the color commentator? I don't know if I could listen to him for 48 minutes.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

its a damned if ya do, damned if ya dont syndrome...

If ya allow Yao to shoot...he is gonna score
    If ya foul him hard and the refs are being fair,he is gonna knock em down at the line.

SO...combine that with his size....maybe the refs think that they shouldnt call everything?

honestly...I would rather they didnt call em on the opposition....as long as they quit calling the BS ones on Yao when he is on defense.

There is one thing Yao does need to do.....quit leaving his feet when he attempts to get in front of a player driving to the basket.

He seems to get there in time...but then he jumps up a little to attempt to change the shot/block the shot....and he gets called on it damn near every time.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Van is a good old boy from Louisiana or Mississippi or somethin like that....he is also the coach of the Comets.

You cant tell much from just watching the clips...but being a pretty decent coach, he has some valuable takes on the technical issues involved in the plays.....

If you can put the accent out of your mind and be fair...you will find him to be a competent color guy...not as good as Calvin imo...but that is what it is. :(

8. winwook

winwook Member

Shaq gets hacked and rarely gets the call, but the referees usually give him the benefit of the doubt and don't call him for an offensive foul when he knocks over his defender on the post. Yao gets hacked like Shaq, but doesn't see the calls ever come his way since he doesn't abuse his defenders like Shaq. If he did, the refs might give him the benefit of the doubt and hold their whistles.

9. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Member

Yeah, towards the end of the last game, Yao got called for a moving screen foul, which IIRC didn't look much like a foul to me. Anyways, you're right that Yao needs to stop leaving his feet when it's too late. If he's gonna be in front of the person, then it's either gonna be charge or a foul on Yao; and it's the latter most of the time. What I don't understand is why Yao always seems to be looking to draw the charge. To me, altering a shot from a different angle is just as good as block.

10. winwook

winwook Member

Yeah, I don't mean to malign a guy for having an accent. I guess I was just surprised at how thick his accent was. Quite a contrast from the national commentators I usually hear. He can't be possibly worse than Tom Tolbert.

11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Member

It just seems that on any given night, the refs are essentially Jecklye (yeah I know I spelled it wrong) and Hyde on the officiating on Yao. For example, in last nite's game, Rat and Yao were wrestling all night, and I think Rat got called on one foul and Yao got called on another. Insert Joe Przybilla and boom, 2 quick fouls against him for what seem like almost no contact. I think it was a gutsy call for JVG to leave Yao in for a few more minutes after Yao recieved his 2nd foul. I remember at one point, the Rockets were running upcourt, and Yao established a pretty strong position in the high post and Rat just flew down trying to draw the 3rd foul. No whistle blew and my heart skipped a beat.

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

Van replaced Calvin this season but he's not that bad once you get used to it..I would prefer Air Bullard but oh well.

Little Neeko

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

totally agree.....I dont understand why he doesnt just parallel the driver adn try to swat the shot as he goes up to release it....Yao doesnt need to be in front of him to do that.

the moving screen was a marginal call...Yao actually does it all the time....just like many other players in the league....but it seems like the only one I see getting called for it is Yao.

winwook,
    you wouldn tbe the first to dislike him cause of his accent if you were inclined to do so....alot of folks here were raggin on hm before he ever called a game for that very reason.

I notice that quite a few of them have since recanted and admit Van does a decnt or good job.

Say what youwill about his accent...but the man knows his roundball...just like Calvin did/does.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

watching a few of those clips did yao travel? Appears now he fakes the dribble and then just goes up with it? A new trick?

15. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Member

Yeah, I remember watching the my first game with Van, it took some adjusting, but by the end of the game, I thought he was fair (ie not totally biased towards the Rockets) & pretty objective and he made several good points.

16. porsche911

porsche911 Member

Thanks a lot for the clips R2k! :D

17. TECH

TECH Member

Here's the Codec for those that need it.

http://www.doom9.org/

Go to where it says: XviD 1.0.2

Thanks for the vids! :D

18. lavarock

lavarock Member

Great vids, thx Rocket2k....AGAIN:p

19. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Don't ever EVER create movies in .AVI format...it's the worst format to play with. I don't even have the player to play that format. The best format is either Mpeg or WMV!!!

20. lavarock

lavarock Member

When you encode mpeg2 (or whatever raw R2K got when he captured from TV) to divx/xvid, the resulting format is avi. Now stop being ignorant and do a little google search on how to play those avi files instead of complain for thing you get for free.