1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers announcers are disgusting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeAleck, Nov 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Way to many people on this board try to act like a fair person by saying our commentators are just as bad. Clyde is horrid, but he does not have as big of a speaking role this year since its not just him and Bill. Blazers commentators were bland and much more homerish than our group. Bill, Clyde, and Bullard are both funny, enthusiastic, somewhat fair.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with trying "to act like a fair person". During Brandon Roy's heyday, I listened to Mike & Mike well over a hundred times and think they are better than Bill and Clyde. Sometimes I actually tell Clyde to "shut up". I wish the Rockets would dump him and just go with Bill and Bull.

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Nope. I watched the Rockets feed where Bill and Bull complained about the exact same things.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Iono but I did pickup the portland stream and I felt like I was watching the game with two blazers fans who try and talk a little bit about the Rockets because I am there listening...... Well duh, they are blazers fans but they should be commentators first fans second in this situation because its kind of a you know (job) and they are live..... They were okay at first but as the game started getting interesting they completely lost it... I personally hated this part when lillard hit the three..... "He cant be a rookie can he"!!!!!!!!!......... I love that Morris came right back at him and yes not really but really Morris is still a rookie.... Anyways, I wish the Rockets would have won this game to shut them up after they talked soo much about how the blazers beat the Rockets in the last game and even the Roy thing....... :/ y u no win Rockets......

5. ThaShark316_28

I got a chance to listen to 'em...

Their play-by-play guy is good. The color commentator is the homer.

6. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

They were not to bad until the second half. This is when the decided to start calling Nicolas Batum. "Nikolai" that **** was annoying. Then they started talking about how the Rockets were flopping. Which they were not. To cap it off at the end of the game they started salivating about how good the win felt as if it was game 7 of the NBA finals. It is like the 10th game of the season and you are treating it like its the championship, STFU Blazers annoucers.

7. prs325

prs325 Member

Serioisly, put Calvin with Bill and Bull and have Clyde do the halftime show and that will solve a lot of ills

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

They are definitely not good...way too cheesy but I dont blame them being homers...Come on, thats their job.

You think they are the worst? Wait til you hear Sean Elliot

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bill and Calvin, they have more chemistry in the pre and postgame than Bill/Bull/Clyde do in the whole game.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

Bullard is an extreme homer. Wish he would lay off the refs for one game.

11. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Sean Elliot and Tommy Heinsohn are clearly the worst announcers in the league. Their homerism is so great that it greatly clouds their ability to express what is actually happening on the floor. The Mavericks guys are terrible. Don't understand the game and are whiners. Basically taking on the personality of Cuban.

Rockets announcers are just middling; neither amongst the worst or the best. Worrell is good but is starting to slip, Bullard is allright but not as funny as he thinks he is & Clyde is usually off in la la land. Portland are about in the middle too. Sorta crybabies but their play by play is solid.

The best in the league are the Golden State guys or the Clippers Smith and Lawler. "Bingo".

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

When I heard one of them said, "I like Toney Douglas' game," I knew it was time to turn off the sound.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Blazers announcers are *horrendous*.. I get their games periodically

Heat are solid. Grizzlies are surprisingly solid also.

Can't remember others I've liked in the past...but there are some other standouts. I think the Rockets fall in the middle of the pack...certainly not on the bad side

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't mind the announcers rooting for their team or being "homers". It drives me crazy when they obviously have no idea about the other team and spout "facts" that are totally erroneous. Even Tommy doesn't bother me unless he goes off on something that he's obviously wrong about but refuses to recant.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

They are terrible. They said chandler plays similar to buddinger...

But the rockets announcers are also terrible and just as much homers as these Guys. I cannot stand bill and bull.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

His name is pronounced Ashik, most people pronounce it as s

17. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Clyde may be the worst announcer in the league.

Live him to death as a player, but he is just awful.

18. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I would not want to listen to them every game but for a game once in a while, sure. I always hope that the game will have the opposing teams announcers because listening to Clyde is just insufferable. ...Well, ok, I'd take him over that Boston cretin.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When Bill and Calvin were announcing I thought they were one of better crews in the league. They weren't too homerish and murphy could tell you the play before it happened. Bull is way to homerish and he brings Bill with him. For all of drexler's faults he pretty honest and isn't terribly homerish. The knicks, heat, Lakers, Warriors they all have pretty good announcers. With Mike and Walt being the best. I am surprised walt isn't a national guy.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

BLAZERS ANOUNCERS AFTER A BROADCAST , AND YES I AGREE WITH THE THREAD STARTER!

1 person likes this.