1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers announcers are disgusting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeAleck, Nov 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

They are terrible.

I don't think we Rockets fans can really talk though, we have some pretty bad announcers.

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

So whichever game you watch on league pass do you get the home team announcers?

B/c dear god those guys were tuurible

3. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I couldn't believe it when they showed the slowmo replay of when Asik clearly got fouled on his dunk attempt late in the 4th and the announcers said that it was a great block when any body with eyes could've seen the foul. Smh.

4. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

I thought the Hawks with Dominique were very good.

Walt Frazier is very good.

5. VanityHalfBlack

6. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Anytime someone doesn't praise the Rockets or one of it's players, most people on here are going to complain. They sounded just like any other team commentators. What did you expect them to do? Yell "Go Rockets" every 5 minutes?

7. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Did you even listen to the commentary? Not a single person in this thread said that the Portland announcers needed to praise the Rockets. They are horrible to listen to if you're not a Blazer fan. "Oh that should have been a foul, this rookie ref is giving the game away" "Hey Bavetta, don't worry about the bench, look at the game, Houston is getting away with murder!"

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

[​IMG]

Why don't I know basic things like whether a team is in the penalty or has a foul to give?

Why do I mumble about referee conspiracies for 5 and 7-minute stretches?

Why do I tell listeners that players like Chandler Parsons are "excellent free throw shooters" when it's clear I'm basing this on skin color and not statistics?

Most importantly: Why am I wearing this headband?

5 people like this.
  9. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

pwnership, BeeBeard. +1

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya dominique is a great speaker.

the portland guys were quite annoying, imo. they definitely have that small town inferiority complex going.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Awesome post, almost worth a rep.

Mike Rice, pictured above, is terrible. The Blazers play-by-play guy, Mike Barrett, is OK.

But I would take these two guys over Clyde and Bill any day of the week.

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Almost worth a rep, huh? :cool:

Are reputation points scarce now or something?

Will Kevin Costner star in a film set in a post-apocalyptic world covered in water, where he drinks his own rep in the first scene?

Will this man

[​IMG]

one day lay siege to a rep refinery where rep is pumped out of the ground, but it's up to Mel Gibson to find a rep truck to haul all the rep away?

The Humungous reps the wasteland.

13. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I agree. Was watching the game on LP last night and those bastards are really talking crap. No wonder Clyde sucks a lot.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Rockets announcers put me to sleep.

I would actually like to have sort of like an open mic night for a selected die hard fan to call a Rocket game and see what sort of silly things they'll say. At least that'll be entertaining. Maybe tinman and Ronny.

Git'r dunn Mauray!

15. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

Yeah, I really like the Heat announcers too

16. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

You obviously haven't heard Sean Elliott.

1 person likes this.
  17. supdudes

supdudes Member

You should see them when they play LA...Makes Boston announcers sound like saints

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Blazer announcers were just horrible. For those that don't like the Rockets announcers because you think they're homers your crazy. Clyde is horrible and has a habit of coming across as anti Rocket to me, I wish the team would fire him. Bill Worrell is the best in the business, period.

a couple of things the Blazer idiot announcers said that just made me role my eyes.

1. Asik does not have the stamina to run for long
    2. Chandler Parsons game is just like Chase Budinger's game.

And I just could not take them moaning Myers Leonard, Damian Lillard and Nicalus Batums name for two hrs as if they were in love for the 1st time. Plus, what the hell was up with the man crush they had on Meyers brother? It's as if they kept a camera on him the entire game.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wish Mike Breen and Clyde Frazier could do all NBA games. They're probably one of the best home commentators in the league right now.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Everyone has biased announcers so I'll forgive them for that. The color guy for portland was brutal though in just about every category and their play by play man isn't as strong as worrell to make up for it.