1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers announcers are disgusting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeAleck, Nov 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

If they are not the worst in the NBA, then the worst in the NBA must be committing human atrocities every game. That was like two pre-puberty homer drooling over their own players. I want to sue my cable company for transmitting their disgusting voices over to my TV and into my ears.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What was some of the stuff they were saying?

3. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Have you heard our announcers lately? Hell, at least the Portland guys can pronounce Asik's name correctly.

4. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Visualize two grown guys moaning the names of Nicolas, Damian and Meyers Leonard with micro-phones in their mouths.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

They're on the level of Tommy Heinsohn of the Celtics. Not nearly as bad as Sean Elliot (who is easily the worst), but they're right up there. I couldn't listen to that feed.

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

These guys are terrible. Mentioned that they played us great all the time. reminded fans of the first win, this win, the brandon roy broken shot clock win. But, they did not mentioned what happened to their asses in the 09 playoffs. LOL These jokers are paid fans talking about their favorite team. Not professional commentators at all.

7. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Don't be a hypocrite, we have the most homer announcers in all NBA. Personally I like the heat's announcers.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I watched the Blazers broadcast and could not handle the commentary. I was rolling my eyes the entire game. I finally muted it late in the 4th quarter.

I will say that they speak clearly, their back and forth dialogue is good, and they have a knowledge of the game. HOWEVER - they would not stop talking about how one of the referees was a rookie and could not call the Blazers correctly. Then there was the idea that 'everything Harden does is fake and the refs need to be on the lookout'... followed blatantly by statements that the refs need to reward Leonard and Lillard for everything that happens. Then there was the whining and complaining about the lack of a clear path call against Lin, plus the 2 minute celebration over getting those 2 BS free-throws going into half-time.

And that's just off the top of my head. Thank goodness we don't play them more often.

9. napalm06

Calling out another team's announcers doesn't make you a hypocrite. Some broadcasting crews DO call better than others.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Golden State announcers are the best in the league. Dallas has the worst homers IMO.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

False. Absolutely false, Bill and Bull praise other teams players when they make plays just like they do for the Rox.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Wow. Glad I was able to catch a Rockets feed then.

13. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This. I listened to their telecast during the game. They know their stuff.

1 person likes this.
  14. napalm06

Meh. I think you guys are trying too hard to be fair. It really wasn't great. They complimented the Rockets players when they could, sure, but that was in between the crazy commentary on refereeing.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

whatever man, I thought they were pretty much spot on until prob last few minutes and OT

you've prob never listened to other announcers..these guys were mostly fair

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

Our announcers are just as bad.

17. prs325

prs325 Member

They sound like clubbing baby seals...

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Thank God I don't have to listen to them. But Clyde Drexler is really annoying also. I remember during the game against the Heat, Bill Worrell was talking about the all time scoring list and what spot Ray Allen was on, and then he said " Oh look Clyde, you're a few spots beneath Ray Allen,"... Instead of just being professional or respectful, Clyde burst out saying something like this " Oh but he played more years than I had and I pass the ball a lot more, just check out my assist compares to Ray Allen"...

The Blazers commentators are bad but our very own Clyde is also terrible. He said things that are some times aren't true, which really pisses me off because he's on TV commentating for a professional game, at least get the facts straight. Also, whenever Bill complements a player, he always have to shoot them down one way or another. Even though Clyde isn't an annoying homer like some are, but its like he doesn't know anything that is happening in the NBA and just come out saying crap from the top of his head.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I watch a lot of games through online streams and for me, there are 2 guys that stand alone as the worst in the business

Scott Hastings - Denver Nuggets
    Clyde Drexler - Houston Rockets

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Denver has the worst. It's not close. Second place (and yes more of a homer than Bull) is Sean Elliot of the Spurs. Yea Cousins is an idiot for picking a fight with him, but only because he's immature and let his emotions come out, not because Elliott isn't also doing his part to maximize douchebaggery on the set.