1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blaming the Refs is the lazy way of avoiding the truth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2019.

?

What is our problem?

1. Defense

51 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. coaching

28 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. personel

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. ownership

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. general manager

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you search Clutchfans for EVERY THREAD about the Refs, you couldn't read them all in 20 years

We are playing the Lakers in LA, we're going to get bad calls.

Just like if you go to Antartica, you know it's going to be cold.

Being outraged by the refs is blinding many here about the real problems of this team.

Invisible Fan, hakeem94 and Tankeio like this.
  2. threepointshot3

The problem is Paul has been leading since his return and the team has gone down the toilet. Without Paul this team was beating the elite teams and had a 8 game wining streak since his return all the guys who were playing well have regressed. Gordon and rivers were playing better. No Paul has led s since his return to a losing record

hakeem94 and tinman like this.
  3. jcf

jcf Member

Does he watch games or just stare at the huge "99" painted on his wall?

4. tinman

Supporting Member

That's rare

but the Rockets blowing double digit leads this season is not rare

jerryclark likes this.
  5. threepointshot3

Lol Paul has been leading this team to a losing record since his return whereas without him this team was rolling. Beating the warriors, thunder, raptors, celtics and had a 7 game wining streak.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

have you even been to a Rockets game?

7. tinman

Supporting Member

He's not the same Paul as last year, I hope he gets back some of his swagger

8. jcf

jcf Member

Um. Share season tickets. we should grab a beer.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden, GG, PJ, and EG going ice cold from 3 in the 4th along with poor officiating led to this loss. I liked what I saw most of the game. It’s a tough loss but I’m not about to panic just yet. I am starting to worry a lot about Gordon though, he is missing the wide open 3s that players like Bullock are knocking down on the other end. 4-10 wasn’t bad tonight but he missed a lot of open shots at the end of well executed plays. We could’ve put the game away had he or another guy made a few of those wide open 3s. :(

BeBreezy likes this.
  10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, Scott foster is a CU Next Tuesday. And he definitely had a hand in screwing the Rox this game. And the Rockets definitely have problems on Defense, and also in terms of personnel.

All of those things contributed to a crappy game, but my hope is that everything will be less crappy going forward. If the Rockets smash the Warriors, then I'll be a very happy camper. But there will still be kinks to work out.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

The refs have been against the Rockets since the beginning of time

This must be shocking to the teenagers here

However, comparing this year and last year's team and actually breaking down the basketball reasons of this game, you see real problems

This is like the New Orleans Saints fans easily talking about one call but not about the horrible mistakes they made vs the Rams

bmelo likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

I've seen us blow many big leads this year with different refs

I bet you people here for some reason will be shocked that the Warriors will get better refs than us

It's not shocking for real fans here , the Warriors will have the refs on their side

Roomba likes this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

I hate this topic. It's so pointless.

Because in my mind, as long as the NBA allows corruption in the way of officiating (encourages it?) there is no point in discussing team performance. Beyond that the only comment I have is to read my signature below.

/thread

14. tinman

Supporting Member

This was the worst call of all time and we still won

Don't be shocked if the refs are bad again next game

but do pay attention to coaching and how we play

13 in 33 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

How I wish it weren't so...imagine a world where officiating was impartial. There'd be a lot fewer threads on internet forums, but a lot less anger in the universe.

The only real solution, however, is for the Rockets to execute well enough so that officiating becomes less of a factor.

tinman likes this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It’s gotten so ugly to the point where when James is on step back 3 number 8+ I’m frustrated even if it goes in. The team cannot win that way!

Jayzers_100 and bmelo like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets can't control the refs but they can control strategy and plays

Roomba likes this.
  18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Tinman has grown tired of James Harden and Chris Paul! Those newbs. They're not PURE. They can't handle the truth.

In reality, tonight's game is a bit different compared to the other blown leads. I do believe there is a constant, and that constant is that there is a mental issue with the Rockets whenever the other team fights back hard. Players get anxious or desperate or something when the other team goes on a quick run to close the gap. I believe that 100%. However, tonight that mental issue was increased tremendously by the presence of Scott Foster. I believe the Rockets would have let the game get close tonight regardless of who the ref was, but I don't think they have a 4th quarter scoring drought the way they did if Scott Foster wasn't involved. I think if Scott Foster wasn't involved we would have come out with a win, but we wouldn't have come out solving the problem of blowing leads. Two separate issues with the latter probably being more important in the long run.

Also, this is the first time CF or any Rockets player has mentioned the referees in any of our recent blown leads. It can be true that the Rockets can't keep a lead while a specific referee who made 134 phone calls to Tim Donaghy back when he was rigging games has a personal vendetta against Paul and Harden. Both can be true. If you want to focus strictly on the mental aspect of things (or perhaps you don't think it's mental and think a) our players suck or b) our coaching sucks) then that's cool, but it would be a disservice to the Rockets to pretend like there isn't something going on with Scott Foster and the Rockets. We can figure out both things. We can multi-task. Maybe one more than the other, but both problems can be addressed.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

We just play like the controller was handed to some r****ded teenage 2k player. No basketball on the fly decision, jacking up stupid ****, no d, and tries to go with superstars everytime. Sometimes it will work for some period but at the end of the day you dont stand a chance against good player

Rox11 likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Look , the 1993 Rockets got screwed by the refs

What did the Rockets do in 1994 and 1995?

Won back to back championships