1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame rap music? :Son of DJ Quik arrested for murder:update: lives of middle and rich class Blacks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 29, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the living ones are

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Dre's second child (LaTonya) claimed last year she was homeless and living in her car and was begging for her father's help.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Lmao

Drug OD and homelessness is doing well apparently, as long as you don't kill anybody. Lmao

3. tinman

Supporting Member

She broke family rules and suffered the consequences. this is real parenting.

She's LaToya not Janet

4. tinman

Supporting Member

@pgabriel
    @Lil Pun

Dre made all that money himself. she wants to be independent and realizes the real world is hard and you have to be good at something, that's life lessons

the other daughter is smart

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because it needs to be made clear that the cycle of poverty TODAY is fueled by bad choices.
    Racism happens in lone events. There are bad cops bit it's not the reason so many young Black men are incarcerated. It's a distraction

6. Lil Pun

This person admits they don't even know the full story lol

Again, just refuting the claims you keep making. First it was all, then it was living, now it is don't break family rules lmao

7. Lil Pun

Again, refuting the bs claims you made. That is all.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

the homeless daughter is not in jail for murder

being homeless is not a crime

9. Lil Pun

Racist policies and procedures play a role in keeping those incarceration numbers high. I'd say if racism or bad cops play a role in 1 person getting incarcerated (it's likely not just 1) then that is a problem. Again, what is wrong with focusing on multiple issues.

10. Lil Pun

So she is doing well. Lmao. It went from doing well to not commiting crimes. Lol

11. tinman

Supporting Member

she could try rapping
    that's how her dad got rich

12. Lil Pun

No, apparently she is doing well already, according to some. Lmao

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Again it's a distraction. It's not even a distraction because despite you personally, the public or government doesn't focus on life skills training that not all from single parent homes missed but a lot did miss.

The only headline makers are news of racism. People need to understand they can make their situation better by accurately using available resources like public schools

14. tinman

Supporting Member

This is real
    Her 'Baby Daddy' isn't supporting her and so she's blaming her dad?

Shanon Sharpe got Dre's back!
    @Os Trigonum
    @pgabriel

15. Lil Pun

It may very well be a distraction from larger issues but it is part of the issue and should not be dismissed.

16. Lil Pun

Again, what's this have to do with the original claim of all their children doing well. That's what I am refuting. You were wrong. Lmao

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The federal government does well on racism. The job is taken. Part of the problem of focusing on racism in addition to being what grabs headlines is despite your personal efforts, poor blacks need to hear from blacks that they can make better of what is available

We talk about racism so much they don't trust white people

18. Lil Pun

Trust has to be earned. I know black people that don't trust other black people let alone white people. There is a way to include racism in the discussion with all the other facets of the bigger issue(s). How to do that successfully on the other hand is something I do not, and it appears nobody else has the answer to. I don't think the answer is to only focus on it but I also don't think you do well by dismissing it. Like I've said repeatedly, it isn't simplistic and is much more complex than a lot of people tend to realize.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't worry about racism because it doesn't hold people back. There are racists, there is no more institutional racism.

20. Lil Pun

Those racists hold people back. I've sat on interviewing committees where people with "black sounding names" get dismissed simply because of their name. I've sat on interview committees with people saying they're "not going to hire any more of those _______ people." and yes I reported them but they remained. Anecdotal but I highly doubt that is a single, off-hand incidents as well.

Institutional racism may be minimized but the lasting effects it has still can't and shouldn't be ignored.

#120 Lil Pun, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022