1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame rap music? :Son of DJ Quik arrested for murder:update: lives of middle and rich class Blacks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 29, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Sorry if this comes off as argumentative, it's not, but you said "It's a broken home problem that can be fixed."

"Recognizing the problem" has been talked about for years, I think that's pretty well covered.

How do we as a society fix it?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If I knew that I would not be posting here keeping it to myself but again the first thing is accepting its a major if not the major issue. You first have to recognize the problem

Secondly middle class blacks have to take initiative in demonstrating that stability is the foundation to their progress.

The educated successful among us keep telling the poor America still hates us then why should they strive for better

tinman likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is like non contributing members hating on the contributing members
    @J.R.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Buck Turgidson

I think black people through our history first and our lagging in things like education feel an obligation to cite racism as the end all be all.

It's becoming a prophecy fulfilling itself because we constantly remind ourselves of obstacles real or not

5. Buck Turgidson

Right, I get what you've always been saying but I'm asking "How?"

It just sounds like a bunch of bs corporate talk to me: "take initiative" "demonstrate stability" "strive for better"

Sorry, but this world needs actionable ideas.

#85 Buck Turgidson, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hey bro I'm a member of clutchfans.net not a sociologist. The only time it sounds like corporate talk is when you never intended to listen to me and you just want to go back to the same liberal ideas/ideals.

I've played this same stupid ass waste of my time game sinceI got the nerve to speak my mind. The reason I didn't speak it was not wanting to agree with posters like Trader_Jorge.

You're not even original. What's your idea? You don't have a solution to one of American Black's most persistent problems you're on the wrong track let's keep throwing money because that's what liberals know best.

What really kills me about this stupid ass exercise is you liberals act like the current money throwing is working.

Don't waste my time with this stupid ass exercise again. TIA

When someone asks what's your solution I already know their purpose

Edit: then you get all smug about. I asked 'how"

Like I'm supposed to give a **** that you want specifics ( even though we know that wasn't your purpose)

Do you tunnel visioned liberals think I post my opinions to get a rise out of people?

Nobody can disagree family stability is key to progress any damn place of civilization. Nobody can disagree Black families aren't as strong as every other group. Bu

#86 pgabriel, Jun 6, 2022
    JumpMan likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Buck Turgidson

And recognizing a problem is the first step.Black on Black violence is deeply rooted in the sociological history of Black Americans.

Black people were instilled distrust of each other and worse, lack of value of all Black life. The underlying issues run way deeper than this stupid ass thread

8. Buck Turgidson

Sorry i got you upset, that was not my intention.

#88 Buck Turgidson, Jun 6, 2022
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Sorry, I've gotten the the what's your solution as a gotcha attempt. You have been in a couple of threads lately that I've been ranting about broken homes and I've noticed you seem to be following everyone's opinion not saying much. You clearly are there for genuine interest

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

That's anecdotal and your situation isn't applicable to everybody else.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Definitely, that's the point of saying I'm privileged. That being said most Blacks have not experienced racism holding their life down. To take it further the struggles of the Civil Rights era are now benefiting us.

We have crossed the bridge. It's over. I'm 47, it's been over for my entire life. WE have to change the conversation

12. Lil Pun

There are over 40 million black people living in the US. You can't confidently state that most haven't experienced racism even if it is as specific as something holding them down/back. I can't say most have but I haven't said that, I am saying it is still part of the many issues that black people deal with entirely.

What exactly has been over your entire life? Racist policies? Then you don't know U.S. history. Tuskegee experiments didn't end until the early 1970s. USDA discriminated against thousands of black farmers on the 80s and 90s not approving loans for them that white farmers received (Pigford v. Glickman), War on Drugs and the Anti-Drug Abuse Act disproportionately affected black Americans. I could keep going but it's obvious everything has been fine and dandy since you have been alive. Lmao

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's over save the lmao because the jokes on you.. Enjoy this precious little time we are given and helping those in the cycle of poverty is the purpose and by helping its developing life skills that I'm sure are blessed to have

14. Lil Pun

Again, what is over? Lmao!

And I am sorry but I can't read whatever it is you are trying to say after that. I think you are stating that I should enjoy life and use my own privileges as a black person as a way to help others out of poverty by developing skills to do that, I could be wrong however in the way I am reading those statements. What makes you think I don't already do that in multiple capacities? Why can I not recognize the issues I have already pointed out while simultaneously helping those individuals? Why does it have to be one or the other?

15. Nook

Nook Member

Male violence in general is a real problem.

Over 85% of all violence is committed by males, only 15% by females.

We have to teach our male children to not be violent.

pgabriel likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Huh? It is discussed ad nauseum. It is taught in college, it is often discussed in social media and wider media.

Historically why? Because historically the ruling class has been white, so authorities (that are white) are less likely to be threatened by white hate groups compared to minority hate groups. There are minority hate groups that do exist though, but I would agree that they are not as large a threat as white male based hate groups.

It is discussed, but it needs to be discussed and understood better. The reality is any group that is part of the power structure for a long time has entitlement and there are some very pervasive problems that come with that.

I would argue that the largest issue right now is the effects of the patriarchy (white/any color) that have pushed toxic masculinity, a lack of male accountability and the marginalization of women.

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Dr Dre
    Snoop
    Ice Cube

All their kids left the hood and they doing well.

Quik should have left Compton
    At least move to the OC

18. Lil Pun

Dr. Dre had a son die from drug overdose.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

He didn't murder anyone like Quik's kid

Drugs are rich people problem too, plus especially in California, they love cocaine

20. Lil Pun

You said all of them are doing well. This is obviously not true.