1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame rap music? :Son of DJ Quik arrested for murder:update: lives of middle and rich class Blacks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 29, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The issue is young fathers feeling no responsibility for the situation. Why should they,the liberals who want to keep throwing money at the problem don't think they are capable of taking more responsibility

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Lil Pun

Poor people have better Insurance than you in Medicaid which covers birth control

You think the federal government isn't doing all it can in issues like birth control and unwanted pregnancy? That's the real stupidity. Liberals talk like the government has not tried efforts like this.

Again the answer is simple, the job enormous because it's a culture change. It's time to haul the old tired attempts and accept all issues at hand.

#62 pgabriel, Jun 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So you say. I will say that's part of a much larger issue.

4. Lil Pun

You don't know what type of insurance I have. All poor people aren't covered under Medicaid. Keep trying. Weakest and wrongest take yet. Lmao

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The government doesn't let poor kids go uninsured. I was making a point about Medicaid being at worst adequate. I don't give a **** about your insurance

6. Lil Pun

[
    When Republicans at the state level strip education they lead in things like teen pregnancies, single parent households, etc. Republican lead states are also have the highest poverty rates. Lol. State policy dictates a lot of what is mentioned.

7. Lil Pun

Then don't mention my insurance. Your point was still bad because poor people aren't automatically enrolled in Medicaid, even if they qualify. Lmao. Again, just because you are poor doesn't mean you have coverage which is what you stated.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why are you catching feelings about my insurance comment still. Good lord, poor kids have Medicaid and it's good not just Medicaid

If they aren't using it, that's another broken home detrimental attitude issue

9. Lil Pun

You said you don't give a blip about my insurance yet you mentioned it and it was still redundant in that poor attempt at a point you were trying to make.

Yes, SOME poor kids have Medicaid yet SOME do not, same with adults. Lol

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Let's continue this stupid ass pointless discussion. Again I was making the point government insurance for people is good.

I got in a big argument a couple of years ago making the point that the government does well by poor people in regards to insurance saying Medicaid, CHIP, etc is good and better than arguably than most private insurance

The government can't make people use it

#70 pgabriel, Jun 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's definitely a larger issue and the government can only do so much. If middle class Blacks want help poor blacks, it would help by stop blaming all black problems on racism and being honest by pointing out successful Blacks come from stable homes.

There is no more Jim Crow. It's time to be honest or the cycle of poverty will just persist

nacho bidness likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. Lil Pun

The discussion you started by bringing up poor people having Medicaid? I agree it's a good thing but wildly different state-to-state as they set the qualifiers but as noted Republican lead states seem to lead in a lot of less than stellar categories.

14. Lil Pun

I've been pretty clear about this. Black people suffer from a myriad of issues, not just one or two. You're the one that keeps posting about it's not about poverty, it's not about racism. It is but those 2 things are part of many issues facing black people, of course they're not the only ones otherwise why are black kids raised in middle class homes more likely to backslide into a lower economic class? Seems stable homes aren't the only answer.

Jim Crow isn't any more but you can't ignore the lasting effects things like redlining, blockbusting, etc. have and continue to have to this day. Poverty is a cycle that persists within poor people of any races and it is a hard one to break based on stats.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We can't change the past. We are the ones holding on. I understand the point you're making about issues like poverty has been built over years but the federal government has done its best to correct how the past shapes us but we are the ones holding on to the misery.

We have to move forward

16. Buck Turgidson

What are your thoughts on how to do this?

17. Lil Pun

Hard to move forward when objects from the past have been placed in the pathway and remnants of that last continue to pop up even today on those same pathways.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Jackson said
    ‘If you can’t feed your baby
    Then don’t have a baby’

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

First step is recognizing the problem. I don't think the fight I receive is none recognition. It's fear of being considered critical of Blacks and with middle class blacks we have ve all been programed to first blame racism and therefore not look at internal issues as if we can't fix anything because racism will always Trump everything

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's not hard. I really am not bothered by acts like George Floyd's death in terms of things haven't changed. Can't change every mind. I have Civil Rights. I've led a privileged life funded by 80 year plus Black parents.

I have to spread what is possible