1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame RA for the loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Apr 22, 2009.

1. duteman

duteman Member

You fail...yao with out tmac in JVG era was probably good but the team sucked. He put us in a position to win we didn't execute

2. lz56

lz56 Member

RA properly never tried to fix the fronting issue. he simply ask other players to step up. however we do not have a player who can consistently take over the game.
    the team also relies on yao too much. when yao get hot hands, everybody pumped up. while yas was taken out the game, nobody know what to do including RA.
    this is not always true. but sadly it happens too often.

3. ibm

ibm Member

"probably" was what you meant, i guess?

4. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

As for EVERYONE who are upset that Artest, Brooks and TMac (in the past) shoots more than Yao, well he is a CENTER, a big man deal with it!

Shaq who was one of the MOST dominant center against whom fronting doesn't even work the way it does with Yao! Check Shaq's career FG Attemps per game, he shoots 3 more shots than Yao does per game. Tim Duncan? One of the greatest PF the game has seen, also shoots around 3 shots more than Yao. Dwight Howard? The guy with even better FG% than Yao shoots 3 shots less than Yao! Now digest the numbers a bit.

Again, if Yao is not so easily taken out by the fronting D (don't blame his teammates for that, blame Yao's height and his lack of quickness), trust me he would shoot even more than the guys I mentioned above.

5. ibm

ibm Member

career avg. is irrelevant here.

and yao is not taken out by a simple fronting d. it is, for the most part, a sandwich d meaning there's also another big at his back. it's either a tight double, or another defender within a few feet at his back.

6. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

It is relevant because everyone just points to the FG% of Yao to crucify those who takes more shots than Yao while clearly ignoring all the limitations that comes with being a big guy.

I have never seen two guys sandwhiching Yao, sure there is a guy standing somewhere around Yao just in case the ball is lobbed to him and double team does come AFTER he touches the ball, NEVER before.

Yao is taken out mainly by fronting because he is not quick and agile enough to grab a high lob pass (low center of gravity for Yao) and make a quick simultaneous move towards the basket before the help comes from behind. Try this with Shaq, Duncan or Howard and watch them dunk 80% of the time. Again not a diss on Yao but thats just a function of his 7 6" height.

7. ibm

ibm Member

many things you said in this post has been beaten down already in many other threads. i am not gonna repeat. and i don't intend to change your opinion.

btw, did you see the similar defense they put on dh12 last night?