1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame RA for the loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Apr 22, 2009.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

I don't know guys I'm beginning to blame the coaching staff in general. How many times do we see it. Once a team fronts Yao they have a better chance of winning than we do. Do the Rockets not practice this pesky problem on a daily basis? Do they not have several dozen schemes they try and put into play? It's always a hope for me that they figured out what to do once Yao gets fronted.

We saw Yao get double and triple teamed yesterday yet on most of those instances we had a very hard time scoring if at all. Why can't the Rockets find a way to counter this problem? Why? Why? Why? It's not like it's a new issue to be figured out. We have seen this for the past 3-4 years.

2. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

This! :D

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

So if fans blame Yao for being a liability you would be okay with it?

4. landryfans

landryfans Member

Maybe RA should say, we know the refs are looking for whistle on Yao, Portland fans need a break, stern wanna more revenue...the plan is to ignore Yao, and pray on ron's shooting...

5. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

I think last nights loss should be Brandon Roy's fault for scoring 42 freaking points. Thats not coaching. Thats just not playing defense on their main scorer. We only have 2 guys to watchout for on defense and thats Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge and we didn't do that. Plus Free throws.

Is it Adleman's fault to for Players not making free throws.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So some guys here once blamed Yao for many times, but why are they still supporting Yao all the time? Because they want Yao to be better. Blame is motivation, you guys take it as a joke, I don't understand at all. IMO, when a large number of people blame you, you really should have a close consideration about yourself. This reminds me of Tracy Mcgrady. Most of rox fans once blamed him, but i think they really hope TMac could get recovered and play much better as before. TMac take those blame as motivation.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Already discussed ad nauseam in several other threads.

There is plenty of blame to go around, including Yao himself.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I blame Morey for resigning Deke instead of a younger healthier C.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don't think perfect Roy, officiating or Free throws is the main reason we lost this game. We lost it just because our offence can't through NBA best centre, just like the final regular season game vs Mavericks. As we well know, fronting problems we had long time ago, but our coach could do nothing to avoid this, but he still confident about championship.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I feel like a broken record repeating this time and time again... the coach can have the perfect gameplan. He can call the perfect play every time down the court. He can tell the players to get Yao the ball all he wants.

None of it matters if the players don't execute. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that Adelman isn't at fault. There were definitely a few questionable substitutions in that game, but he shouldn't take the entire blame.

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I acutally have the same feeling as you.

12. Roxlover

Roxlover Member

1st,Blame Brooks do bad work in 4th qtr. If he can handle sevaral balls correctly in Clutch time, ROX can win gm 2.

2nd,Blame Ron Artest, the guy get 15p in 1st qtr, but only get 4p in other 3 qtrs and 2-11 vitory percentage.

3rd,Blame Rick ADLM, as a coach, why can't you stop them? If they did like that,u could put them on BENCH time.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I have to admit your thinking is so weird.
    If I blame you father, then I have to be your father?
    Taking your stupidness into account, "no, thanks!"

14. echu888

echu888 Member

I'd like to point out that on the defensive end, we basically got killed by long 2-pointers by Aldridge in the 1st half and Roy in the 2nd half. There's not much you can do about that.

As much as we focus on fronting and getting the ball to Yao, I still believe that most of Houston's games are won not by how offensively skilled we are, but by how well we defend. And on those days when people just catch fire, it's a tall order to take care of.

So, you keep picking on a single point at the exclusion of several other factors, but that is not fair. It's true that getting the ball to Yao is a problem, but don't be so short sighted to exclude other factors as potentially primary. IMO, Houston's defensive execution is still a more important factor than getting the ball into the post.

For all your griping about it, Houston got the exact same # of FG attempts as Portland (74), and shot 50% from the field. From that standpoint, I don't think Yao's touches were the primary issue. We still got our shots off, at least as much as Portland, and hit at quite a good percentage. This is better than our season average in FG%.

Unfortunately, Portland hit at 51.4% and missed less FTs.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I blame genetics for not bringing us more 7'0" 280 pound agile centers with some sort of a brain.

16. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

At this point, You can not say yao is the best center in the NBA which is arguable for majority of NBA fans. At least, it is arguable on the paper. so who is the best defensive player this year? (just wanna remind of you a bit) Yeah, yao has Pwned the matchup with him from the very beginning. so what? To the overwhelming majority of Chinese, yao is the best C in the nba for sure. objective? (I will cross my fingers for that)

Also, Yao gotta box his man out and hold the his position. I do not think AB and adelman deserved to take all the blame that is just not fair.

17. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

The blame has to go just as much on Yao if not more. He has to be motivated from within not to let himself get taken out of such a big game so easily. He should be thinking, "Im Yao Ming nobody can f'in stop me"

It has been four years and two different coaches (excellent coaches) and neither of them could figure out how to beat the fronting defense. I'm sorry but this has to go all on Yao...he has to work 2X harder to get position and if he fails then he needs to try 3X harder.

He also needs to go to Adelman and say I want to start having plays run thru me at the high post so that way he is at least in the game...and he can make that pass to a cutter, if not we all know he can make that shot. Maybe if he starts mixing it up in the high post more then it might make it easier for him to eventually get post position as the game goes on. I'm ready to see him in the high post and see some more Adelman ball.

18. lastmanstanding

Have you ever watched a fronting defense during the JVG era? Remember how we would get owned by the warriors because al harrington would front Yao? I remember Rick's first year here and we actually beat the warriors then. He should go back to that strategy of swinging the ball around a couple times to Yao.

19. redao

redao Member

It is a shame that 90% of these b****ing threads are made in China.

20. blender

blender Member

Well, apparently blaming someone is another way to motivate him, so these are all positive threads. :confused:

Personally, I think it's a crappy way to be a fan.