1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame RA for the loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Apr 22, 2009.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rick Adelman's clueless this game really pissed me off tonight. I am surprised nobody start a new thread to bash RA's bad game plan and dumb decisions on court. Our coach apparently didn't well prepared for this game and let a revenge win for Deke slip by.

Fronting Yao really could make the NBA best center playing like a crap? Blazers fronting Yao's declaration actually scared Adelman out of wits so that he hesitated to establish around Yao in the second game. In the RA's game plan, Yao has turned into a blue collar player to attract rival's defense most of time. How could RA get this win without Yao in his offense system, while Atest untirely bricks and Brooks mindlessly runing anywhere. Please stop complaining our players can't precisly pass the ball to Yao, Rick Adelman, dont forget you are the coach!!! You have the right to make ajustments!!! I believe JVG must encounter the same situation, but apparently his handles much more helpful than RA's.

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

Whenever we lose, we...

A) Blame Adelman and make a topic about him every ****ing regular season game
    B) Blame Aaron Brooks
    C) Blame any player
    D) Fail to see perhaps that coaching is much more than what it may seem to us couch potatoes

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I blame you, PeterKingX, for not taking that coaching job when Les offered it to you.

We would be going for B2B championships right now!

You have let down Rockets nation and, for this, I shall never forgive you!

1-star... not for the thread but rather for passing up the opportunity to lead us to the Promised Land! You failed us all!

The only way to make up for it is to overthrow Rick the Ruler and right the wrong!

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

See... For me, for anyone really, its easy to see Yao getting only 6 attempts (some of them 15ft out) is a huge problem. Honestly, I am not sure how the hell to correct it in this situation. But I am pretty sure there is a solution. We should have an advantage somewhere and a way to combat the double teams.

Maybe they should hire a consultant lol. I mean Rudy couldn't help Dream out with Seattle's illegal 3 man blitz but this Yao situation is manageable. I get the feeling Adelman is too stubborn to abandon some of his sets. I mean he has gotten this offense so far, so much better, but now there is a major hole being exposed and it feels as though he is hesitant to tinker with it. Its as if he expects other players to step up and everything will be fine. Thats just not the case Yao has to be the guy.

5. snitch

snitch Member

why can't you just stop blaming people...grow up guys. instead of blaming this and that, let's give them motivation. go rox!

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Rick after the game:

"Aw dangit Jack, I knew we forgot something. We forgot to put Yao into the game plan. Oh well, I hope we remember to do that next game. When do we play?? Saturday??? Sunday???"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NOBODY forgets about getting the ball to Yao. This loss is on the players. They didnt play much defense. The players didnt get the ball to Yao. Yao didn't do as good of a job of giving those players a good target as he perhaps could have. The players didnt give Yao as much chance as they could have to get better position.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Adelman is a fantastic coach. I don't know if you noticed this but there was a pet play where Wafer would curl around the perimeter, get a hand off from the PG and drive straight to the basket. It worked out well quite a few times.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Rick mentioned in the post game presser there were multiple issues. Scola missed a lot of good looks from 15 feet that were available to him due to the fronting. Guys didnt attack as often as he would like. He also said the team was a bit impatient in waiting for Yao to get that position on some of the plays where they thought they could get it to him.

Relax, the Blazers have shown their hands now, and Adelman will go about fixing it over the next few days. He had some ideas on what to expect, but knowing what they intend to do, and HOW they go about doing it are 2 different things until you get it on film.

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

How can we beat fronting? :confused:

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I understand all those things and I am glad Adelman takes them in stride and keeps cool but he almost played it off as a 1 game error. We have been getting killed all year by the double/fronting of Yao. It all comes down to him only taking 6 shots which is a major problem.

Do you realize what Stan Van Gundy's post game comments would have been like if he was coaching us this game? He'd have slit his wrists in front of the media.

11. BrooksBall

Easy.

Yao needs to say "Yo, stop frontin'!" to opposing bigs.

I blame RA for not telling him that. :mad:

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Blame is another kind of motivation, even more effective than other ways, i believe.

13. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I blame Von Wafer, Aaron Brooks and Ron Artest all have the same brain type of Tyrus Thomas or Stromile Swift.

14. BrooksBall

I blame RA for not performing corrective surgery on their brains! :mad:

15. BrooksBall

See, another exmpale of why you should be head coach, PeterKingX.

You realize not only that blame is an excellent motivational technique but that by utilizing the internetz to blame our pathetic current coach for last night's loss, it will be effective in bringing about change since we all know Rick, Daryl and the players will be reading your words of wisdom.

Genius... pure genius!

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

17. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

I only blame Ron and RA for this game. Our bench were great and way better than the Portland bench. Portland announcers were saying how their bench was out scoring everyone in the season and can't believe their bench is getting beat by ours.

18. nixun

nixun Member

rox will go with 2:4, because of brooks.... really sucks and stupid

19. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

It is not the time to play blame game. what we need to do is to keep confident, keep faith and cheer for our team. we will keep those kids silence

20. sadelover

sadelover New Member

I believe Brooks will grow up.