1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Griffin Attempts to Intentionally Injure Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 22, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Zaza Pachulia taking out Kawhi Leonard moment.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Shawn Kemp was a certain HOF player, if he didn't get overweight. He was the 2nd best player of the 1996 NBA Finals. Jordan and the rest of the Bulls praised him for his performance. Kemp and GP knocked
    Karl Malone, John Stockton and the rest of the Utah Jazz out of the playoffs. Blake Griffin would have been destroyed by those guys.

jevjnd, Jontro, fba34 and 1 other person like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

And he went from living in one of the best cities in the US to freezing cold Detroit and playing for the Pistons who are also irrelevant....

Jontro likes this.
  5. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Where is @AntiSonic when you need him.
    I hated the Super-sonics going all the way back to the 92 season.

As much as I hated the Sonics, Shawn Kemp was an amazing player to watch.
    Kemp was a freak of nature with his athleticism.
    As psically gifted as Blake Griffin is, Griffin can't touch Shawn Kemp.
    Kemp was that good.

The Sonics teams of the mid 90's had personality clashes between players on the team.
    There were guys on the team that did not like passing the ball to each other.
    That was one reason they didn't win a championship.
    The other being the Rockets and the Bulls.

saleem and fba34 like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That shiiit was on purpose. I hate him like I hate 'donkey face Green'.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s the type of play that makes me wish we still had enforcer types, make him pay on the other end. Good hard foul to send him to he deck

AroundTheWorld and fba34 like this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Blake Griffin is irrelevant and deserves to rot in Detroit.

AroundTheWorld and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Speaking of Warriors, we have 1 in Houston. If these were the Warriors from Bay Area, they'd be sitting on the bench waiting for the playoffs.

11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Idk how people like Blake Griffin. He gets out of control sometimes and just acts a fool on the court. He had a pretty hard foul on Eric after this too I believe.

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

None of the videos show that moments before that shot, Blake had the ball being guarded by Harden. On his back to Harden, he tried to whip a pass and Harden intercepted with a block that became a steal. No doubt its payback for that. You can see Harden was wincing during the free throws and he kept pacing to walk it off in between the free throw shots. Really wished we could put someone just to elbow Blake in his stupid face and take the fines and suspension.

Rest of the game, you can tell Harden was trying not to run much. Jogged on offense and coasted on defense. He barely drove to the rim and just settled for 3s or passed it off. When he did pass by his defender, he wasn't as explosive.

EGord put us up and Tuck got us to OT. Harden hit shots again to seal the W.

13. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

They took us out too. Dont know why you mentioned the Jazz like they're better than the 2 time defending champion :D

Kemp got overweight due to alcohol. It destroyed his work that got him to where it was, and even then, he still turned himself into a serviceable player with the Cavs and Terrell Brandon. It got Vin Baker as well, and our Steve Francis.

saleem likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gotta give credit to the Denver Nuggets too, for the upset win over the Sonics.

MONON likes this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets got bullied by him all night, Harden was switched on him and didn't resist one bit. We need to become tougher.

jevjnd likes this.
  16. Huricane

In my opinion, when I player slides their foot underneath another player in an attempt to injure their ankle, it is worse than punching a player in the face.

Leg, Knee and ankle injuries for basketball players can be career ending.
    And if the injuries are not career ending, the player in many cases is never the same.
    Ask Vince Carter, Grant Hill, Baron David, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams and to a lesser extent, Jeremy Lin since he never an all star to begin with.

In the case of Vince Carter, it was intentional.

While Kawhi Leonard did not deserve what ZaZa did to him, considering the fact that Pops encouraged his players to do the same dirty plays, I have no sympathy for the Spurs organization. It was Karma for all of the players the Spurs organization has injured over the years. It wasn't just Bruce Bowen, but Tony Parker and Pau Gasol tht had the occasional dirty play. You really need to watch the Spurs games closely.

Except for when the Spurs played the Rockets, I used to be a Spurs fan in the late 80's, early 90's because of David Robinson, who was a total class guy, but that changed when pops became the coach.

Bruce Bowen's Dirty Plays Against Kobe Bryant 2002 Playoffs

I also think Bruce Bowen injured Deron Williams

Gregg Popovich once defended Bowen for doing exactly what Zaza did.

How fitting it was that it was Greg Popovich's best player getting injured that forced a rule change. Karma.

The penalty for injuring a player, at a minimum should be at least as severe as throwing a punch at another player or injuring a fan.

Easy, slothy420, James.B.H and 2 others like this.
  17. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Zepruder faints.

18. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You got me watching Jazz highlight smh

Prime D-Will vs Cp3 was always a fun discussion

Huricane likes this.
  19. Huricane

Nobody in the NBA like Griffin.
    I mean no-body.

Just go on YouTube and do a search for "Blake Griffin Dirty" and you will see videos of all the players punking Blake.

Videos of Blake Griffin getting punked

Andre Miller no likey Blake Griffin (HD)

JJ Barea Takes Down Blake Griffin And Gets Ejected | Clippers vs Mavericks Fight

Zach Randolph / Blake Griffin get physical with each other Clippers-Grizzilies Game 6

Blake Griffin gets flipped! (College days)

Dwight Howard Body Slams Blake Griffin Rockets vs Clippers Game 4 2015 NBA Playoffs

#59 Huricane, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  20. Huricane

Here are a few more videos of Blake Griffin getting punked

One day, sooner or later, someone is going to end Blake Griffin's career.
    Everyone in the NBA hates him.

Jason Smith Bounty Flagrant Foul on Blake Griffin (HD)

Blake Griffin Fights Avery Bradley for Shoving Him, Both Shove Each Other and Exchange Words

Draymond Green kicks Blake Griffin w/ natural recovery motion (clippers 2.23.17 paul pierce)

Serge Ibaka Hits Blake Griffin in the Nuts again (My personal favorite)

Jarrett Jack dirty play on Blake Griffin's Crotch, Klay Thompson Face Plant
    (Jarrett Jack punches Griffin in the Crotch when Griffin is on the ground)

There is another video of Carl Landry getting physical with Blake Griffin for old Rockets fans.

#60 Huricane, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    slothy420, BigggReddd and fba34 like this.