1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Bortles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by newAge_Rockets, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remii

Remii Member

I thought Blake was worth the #1 overall pick actually.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

IMO you dont take Alex Smith when you can get Demarcus Ware... Bortles (again IMO) will never be anything more than an average NFL starter, if I'm wrong I will gladly eat grow.

If B.O.B. thought he could have turned him into something special he would have picked him no doubt.

3. Remii

Remii Member

At this point I have no faith in your quarterback evaluation (rezdawg's either) _ so I'll stick with my opinion on Blake (along with Mark Brunell, Warren Moon, and the majority of the experts out there).

And our defense looks great by the way :rolleyes:

4. what

what Member

Why does texan fan believe he can see so far into the future?

I'll do you one better, if the texans EVER make it to the superbowl with jclowney before the jags make with bortles , I'll gladly eat crow.

But we know that ain't happening anytime soon. If I had the choice between the texans future and the jags future, I'm picking the jags.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Does anyone have Gabberts preseason stats?

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You are so ridiculous. Watt played one series. No Joseph, no Cushing. GTFOH.

7. what

what Member

I dunno, can you pull up todd marinovich's stats?

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That defense has to face Peyton next weekend. Oh my.

9. what

what Member

Er ... Tony Mandarich.

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Not sure what Game you were watching.. The guy looks legit.. He made all the throws was driving the team down the field, and his mobility is great.. He will be very very good

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he could be very good as well....not worth the top pick in the draft, but very good. Bortles could end up being the best QB in a draft where no QB was worth a top 10 pick.

12. htown1984

htown1984 Member

yes i would had not drafted him with top pick, but it looks like the rumors of
    Obrien wanting Bortles validate him as a good QB scout :)

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Lol, 2 of the most delusional members on the bbs are teaming up to troll Texans fans after 1 preseason game. Bortles looks good, I think he'll at least be an above average QB, but man, give it at least a season before y'all start trying to rub it in.

14. Remii

Remii Member

We have to wait to see what Savage amounts to 1st... But yea, the Jags are definitely moving in the right direction.

Means nothing if O'Brien didn't draft him. But if he did this city would have burned to the ground because practically everyone wanted either Clowney, Teddy, or Johnny. People weren't trying to hear anything about Blake... Had no objectivity.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much par for the course. It's pretty easy right now because there are a lot of sad sack Texans fans right now jumping off bridges after one preseason game.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bortles was not an option over Clowney.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I won't be upset if Blake becomes a good pick. There was no way we were going to take him with #1. Now if any other QB besides Blake that we could have got, becomes a stud, that will be hard to swallow.

....unless we happen to find our guy in a couple years or whatever

18. Remii

Remii Member

I agree. Bob McNair decided what the Texans were going to do with the #1 pick back in January/February when he came out talking about how J.J. would be Clowney's babysitter and work on his work ethic. But at the same time it's interesting on how the Texans were trying to trade the #1 pick possibly trying to trade back and get Blake.

During Blake's pro day I think Mr JR posted a tweet saying how O'Brien stood up and said "I've seen all I needed to see."

19. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Anwar Richardson @AnwarRichardson

20. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

If we would have taken Bortles over Clowney I would have laughed and not because Im a UH fan and he didnt look impressive against us last season. Next year's QB class will be better anyway so give me the best defensive prospect the past 10 years and a franchise QB next year over Bortles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.