1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Bortles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by newAge_Rockets, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I think your point is, you know Cushing is great but if he gets injured again we are completely screwed. The odds are against him playing a full season so more than likely we are screwed the second Cushing gets another injury (due to the way he plays). We ALL know how important he is. That is what is scary about this team. One player makes the defense above average or better when healthy or just completely awful when he is absent.

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

Would love to hear why you think not investing in a guy like Wilfork is such a crazy idea. The dude who missed last season with a foot injury. It mirrors the point about Nix having knee surgery before he has played a game. You are really really stretching with everything here. Him deciding to get surgery makes that much of a difference? Or makes any difference when talking about his health and health for the future? His doctors told him to do it and his knee was messed up. Not sure what moron wouldn't have done it.

You are warping my point into something you know is undeniable. Before you every replied to me I called him a star. There are stars all over the NFL but they don't make guys good. He can motivate all he wants but he can't tackle for other guys.

Calling his injuries flukes assumes that you analyze every other season ending injury on the field in the NFL and deduce that they are common. He is a linebacker and he is going to get cut blocks or he is going to go after RBs who are going to fall before he can get to them. It's ludicrous that you are dismissing a guy who has missed more than half of games in the last 2 years including a playoff run two years ago.

I agree the Texans have never a good NT in the 3-4. See above point about Nix. Please explain how Powe is even decent? He played in 3 games last year.
    http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Jerrell-Powe/e3b4be39-bf3b-4433-b748-c3a8b66c2043

Being the "best" NT on the team and still being bad is nothing that can be good. You are only increasing the number of times cushing is going to get more contact on a guy who has had 2 serious surges.

I don't understand you man. I don't understand how you can hold onto all of these notions despite so much overwhelming evidence. Maybe I'm bias but it is really baffling.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Brotles looked pretty good in his 1st preseason game.

4. Remii

Remii Member

When guys who've actually played quarterback in the NFL like Warren Moon and Mark Brunell come out talking about Blake's upside and what they think he can be _ I listen.

When the smoke clears I think this will end up being a very good quarterback class. Hopefully we have us a good one in Savage.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This dude is legit.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's been alright tonight, but more than half his yards are garbage yards at the end of the half that didn't lead to any points.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, his last pass was REALLY sweet, probably the best QB in the class.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

jaguars line looks pretty solid

man, why are we so unlucky?

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

According to earlier posts alot of clutch faithful had Bortles as trash and if we considered anybody other than Bridgewater we were idiots. I wanted Bortles but not at #1 but looks like he may be the one that got away.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Well, the Bears are never going to be able to trade Clausen to the Texans now.</p>&mdash; Chris Burke (@ChrisBurke_SI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBurke_SI/statuses/500098692096225280">August 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Texans blew it by not drafting Bortles.</p>&mdash; Terry Blount (@TerryBlountESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerryBlountESPN/statuses/500100385139195906">August 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Kelvin Cato had a triple double in a preseason game once.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Still don't think much of Bortles...the regular season is a different beast.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

He sure did, and then made enough money to move into the Houstonian Estates . He used to own one of the suites on the top floor of one of the three towers.

15. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

agreed

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

watched most of this game and wasn't to impressed with Bortles, his reads were pretty slow and he was hardly throwing downfield... that being said he looked better than i thought he would, I'm not worried about him tho.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Some of you guys talked so much 5h1t about Blake before the draft... Now you're like, "he ain't all that." Lol...

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

my opinion hasn't really changed much, his ceiling is like a slightly better Matt Schuab... worthy of a first round pick but not top 5.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Matt Schaub and not worthy of a top 5 pick...??? You go head and stand by your convictions and not swallow that pride.

Matt Schaub... Lol...

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm so serious right now, do you seriously think Bortles will ever lead the NFL in passing yards? do you think he will make multiple pro-bowls? The day he does either of those while wearing a jags uniform will be a glorious day...

Do you think Matt Schaub is worthy of a top 5 pick? because almost any team would take 24,000 yards from a top 5 pick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.