1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Playoff Shirts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LUK3, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SORF

SORF Member

You're correct the shirts are one size. For some they are too big, for others they're too small. Here's the hint to wear T-shirts for the camera. You use the sleeves as a tie, and wear them as a bib over your shirt. Or you flap the sleeves over your shoulders unto your back. The cameras will pick up the Sea Of Whatever Color.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Give out the yellow clutch city shirts if you want people to wear them.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I liked the blackout. The red wands they handed out looked really cool when the lights were out during introductions with all the black shirts.

lread4422 and LHSPanther62 like this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Fans who think they're too cool to put on the shirt are the worst. By my eye test, we are the worst fanbase at this and I don't understand why.

Jontro, mario_v, Kam and 4 others like this.
  5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just hand out rally towels instead. In my opinion, nothing looks cooler than 20,000 fans going nuts with those things at the same time.

Wow...have we really not? That's pretty crazy if so.

BallSoHarden and LUK3 like this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Fat Texicans? ;)

7. anchel

anchel Member

Who cares about the freaking size or how many black shirts you already have?? It is only for the freaking game. Damn, Houston fanbase, what's wrong with you?

D-rock, Jontro and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yellow/red shirt with the Houston Chronicle sponsor on the back? STILL have and wear mine. 99'ers only.

RasaqBoi and bulkatron like this.
  9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Our section had a decent vibe but the arena was silent for long stretches.

10. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

What's game 2's color going to be?

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I think we call it the "urbanization of the Toyota Center" here

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm the first one to always say the Rockets as a team have been disappointing for over two decades now. So you can't blame the fans for being apathetic.

But this game one crowd was beyond lame. Who cares what the shirt size is...freakin put em on you babies. Think other teams pass out different sizes lol? Felt like I was watching a preseason game for the most part. Absolutely pathetic.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not a big guy at all, so I freaking drown in those XL shirts. I wore a black/dark gray shirt to the game because I knew about the theme, but most people can't/won't plan for that. Either hand out shirts of different sizes at the door, or hand out towels or something instead. I always end up using my shirt as a rally towel anyways.

14. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Do you people understand the logistics of trying to hand out different sizes at the door? Think the lines are long getting in now?! Think about the complaints here and the people melting down not getting the right size shirt because they ran out of your size lol.

Only in the good ole USA will people whine about getting something free!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I remember during the Jazz years... I would always wonder why the Jazz fans were so loud with those ballons behind the basket during free throws.

Rockets were never handing out anything and if they did.... maybe 10 would hold up something.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

you gotta cater to these random "fans" that go to a game maybe once a year

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What's it gonna take for the Rockets to actually go out and get a great marketing team? Also add to that a new DJ.

I swear they always give out the ugliest t-shirts and the music at the arena is the same crap for 20 years. Would it kill to be a little more modern and actually get the crowd hyped?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol how many games do you go to a year 1?

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Well if I add to that list how many I took your mother with me, that'd make 15.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

omg such a good joke. trying to be a tough guy behind a keyboard yet does nothing but cries on a message board

jerseys are ugly. wahhhhh. new dj. wahhh. new marketing team. wahh. be more modern wahhhhhh
    go get burped you big baby

Smacktle likes this.