1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black mob ruthlessly attacks innocents in front of Memphis Kroger

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Yes and we should have always reminded people that during the times that Ming and Lin had bad games that they have Asian heritage.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

bigtexxx never made that point.

he said a black mob attacked innocents, that the thugs should be locked up, and that the video was hard to watch.

he chimed in next about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

so what was the point again?

was this thread made entirely out of hypothetical supposition of how the incident is reported or what reaction it would elicit?

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Which part do you disagree with?

4. Moleb

Moleb Member

Even IF black people are the problem, there is nothing any poster on these boards can do to stop the violence, there is nothing any political party can do to stop minorities from spreading, there is nothing any citizen can do to stop them. You can post trying to make minorities look bad which will probably work to influence some to not get jobs. Then when they don't get jobs they act out like this. Then the cycle will repeat. Also their parents will have to work 2-3 low wage jobs to support the family, and they wont be home to guide their children, thus making the children act out and getting the wrong kind of mentor ship. There are numerous variables I could mention to solidify the fact that complaining wont do anything about this type of violence.

Eventually it will happen to all races as well due to the economy.

If you don't believe me study the Roman Empire who is almost an exact mirror image of the United States. They were high and might, and the fell.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

which part of my response on the first page do you not comprehend?

was the underlying point to elicit a certain reaction?

6. sew

sew Member

We all know texxx is a troll and a race baiter. So, why does everyone still take the bait?

7. Nook

Nook Member

Not a damn thing other than being a black child in the 1950's

If Emmitt Till being attacked for being black at the wrong place and at the wrong time, what happened in Memphis should bother you too.

Neither is right...... and Emmitt Till is just the case we know about.... I am sure there have been even worse cases that were either covered up or just reported as missing children. It was a hell of a lot easier to cover it up.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Maybe I am not making myself clear. I am not saying violence does not happen against black folks, I am not saying it is right. What I am saying is that the fact that a black mob of young folks attacks white folks shouldn't be covered up or not reported simply because the mob was black.

It goes both ways....... As I pointed out before, the media does not give a damn about black missing children, they just are not covered. However, a white, blonde missing girl turns into a 24 hour news cycle for a week.

The media reports what draws in viewers and that isn't fair most of the time.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Wow.

Who said black people are the problem?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you don't disagree with bigtexxx, but you are mad that he said it?

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree there is a history of white racism translating into violence against black people.

I don't agree that it means the media has to put race into their stories in some cases and not in others. At the very least, this is something worth questioning. It seems inconsistent to me at best.

The media is suppose to be OBJECTIVE. Report the facts one way or the other. The idea of putting race in because of historical connotation in some cases, but leaving it out in others doesn't seem right to me.

Either you put the race in there or you leave it out, but be consistent.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about bigtexxx. Let's not debate him. Let's debate how the media should report race on race crimes.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Let's debate about what we should debate about.

13. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Look at it for what it is. I agree with both contentions. It is hypocrisy to report it one way and not the other, despite past history. In reality, reporting that way is living in the past. Get the hell over it. I also agree Texx did this intentionally to stir up trouble and it is most likely racially-motivated. But you guys continue to take the bait!

How do you beat a troll? Ignore him and then he will go away. And if he doesn't, at that point it would be so blatantly obvious that the mods would have to take action. You can't continue to get pissed off every time he does this. That is like a battered woman running back to her boyfriend after she gets beat.

All in all, if you feel Texx is trolling. Fine. Ignore him. Let those that agree discuss the topic with him. However, that does not give you the right to force him to change a thread title based on facts. All these people are advocating is for consistency with media reporting. This definitely shouldn't be about Texx. Why bother raising your blood pressure?

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I can't believe nobody posted the appropriate reply to this thread...

;)

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

would you stop with that already?

over 70 percent of the population if white

So if some white guy randomly kills someone (regardless of race), chances are it would be a white person.

you're smarter than this.

16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you ever seen a white or Asian mob??

17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

media don't care if whites are the victim, there's no rating or excitement there.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have also seen an Indian mob, but I won't post the picture out of respect for the deceased...

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course. In Athens in the mid-'60's. We were in Syntagma Square, in front of the presidential palace, and innocently strolled into a large crowd at night. This was during the military rule then and it was a very unpopular government with the common people. We walked up to the front of the palace, taking in the sights, and were shocked to see a line of uniformed, helmeted soldiers across the front of the enormous building holding submachine guns, facing a crowd that had grown to several thousand while we were walking. The crowd began to chant political slogans, which were in Greek, of course, so we couldn't understand a word. More soldiers arrived as we were attempting to make our way out of there. By the time we got to the edge of the square, water hoses were turned on the crowd and things got nasty as we got wet. It grew into a riot, of course. We were barely able to get out of there and back to our hotel, only a few blocks away. An experience I've never forgotten. The crowd was entirely White.