1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So much selective reading. Yes I said that many black AND white voters are guilty of this. Thats what i said. So pick from one side if you must but it makes your point erroneous.

2. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

How has he addressed their needs? What are their needs? Are these what you think their needs are, or what they are saying they are?

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, the same can be said for people that put a high premium on having few restrictions on the Second Amendment. The democrats as currently constructed are FAR more likely to try taking away or limiting gun purchases than the republicans. I don't think that really should be a controversial position. Do I think that the democrats are going to take away all the guns? No, but there are some that would like to.

There likely will be more minorities voting republican in the future. Just like right now, women are shifting (regardless of race) to the democrats...... times change. The more that republican policy makers listen to minorities and disavow racial elements in the party, the more popular it will be with minorities.

These things tend to change over time...... the republicans will pull more minorities, and lose other voters .... and the opposite with democrats.

We have a very competitive and robust system right now, and in general that is good.

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So when i said it about white people too? It wasn’t belittling then? And are you saying that of the 50 million or so black votes, not one of them was going off what friends and families did? Or how they were raised to vote? Nobody taking advice? Not even young people? Well I know for damn sure that is not the case with quite a few white people. But ok.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

so then the answer to this question u posted

who said “black people cant think for themselves”?

is u...

thanks for making my point for me

numerous reasons have been given for why the GOP gets minuscule black support...u can either read and acknowledge them, or continue to play dumb

the GOP caters to the angry white person

All those people who were marching with torches in Charlottesville, it doesn’t take a genius to know what party they belonged to or identified with. Why should black people be eager to join a party that is such a safe haven for people who love the Confederacy, people who support Nazis, White Supremacists, and will support someone like Donald Trump wholeheartedly? Why should they be eager to support the party that is constantly trying to suppress the vote and scale back voting rights? Answer that...

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

wow. I have nothing to do with it. I would think that trumps plan is based on research rather than him just sitting in a room assuming the needs of black people without any help at all. Is that what you think?

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

again. Selective reading. Thats right I said “who says black people cant think for themselves?” In other words I am saying that they can. DUH.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Did I say that I believe that you are racist? What I said is that I have repeatedly heard conservatives state that black people vote for the democrat party because either they do not know any better. That is what I have personally experienced numerous times. I never hear it brought up when it comes to other voting blocks and I do not really hear any other group questioned or scrutinized like black voters.

I do not assume that any group of people have been brainwashed on who to vote for, certainly not in any appreciable numbers. People vote for who they believe serve their best interests.

9. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Based on what you said, you believe that he at least addresses their needs sometimes, since you said "When he addresses their needs". I have to assume this is your opinion, because it's certainly not an objective fact- if it was I'm not sure he'd be losing those voters by 90+%. And for you to believe that, you have to have some sort of idea of what the needs are right? So I was curious what you think. I am attempting a dialogue here to understand your point of view, but you keep getting defensive and throwing questions back instead of explaining.

ElPigto likes this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think you will see more black trump voters than you think. Obviously more will vote left. I think its slowly changing though.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

the platinum plan. It is a plan. It is aimed at addressing the needs of the black community. Surely it can work as well as what the dems have done. If not lets go back to democrats. At least we will know.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see u conveniently dodged the questions...

What is your answer to this?

Why should black people be eager to join a party that is such a safe haven for people who love the Confederacy, people who support Nazis, White Supremacists, and will support someone like Donald Trump wholeheartedly? Why should they be eager to support the party that is constantly trying to suppress the vote and scale back voting rights?

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Just interesting that you singled out that I said it about black people and not that I said it about everyone.

14. Nook

Nook Member

The discussion was about why black people vote for the democrats in such large numbers.

Couple that with you telling Biden that black people can decide for themselves........ which they can and do, and 90% of black people have supported the democrats for decades.

As discussed, there are reasons that black voters overwhelmingly support democrats and it isn't because they are told who to vote for.

Yes, if the Republicans decide to focus more attention on the black community and silence racism in their party, the GOP will see their percentage of the vote from black Americans increase.

Politics are dynamic.

IBTL likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

you have a very sensationalIstic view of what it means to be a conservative. Yes, there are bad people everywhere out there in all groups. Last I checked, I still know zero kkk, white supremecists, proud boys etc. I dont think these fanatic factions represent the republican party at all. Way overblown. I could say the left is the safe haven for antifa and cop killers. You know, rioters who shut down cities and defecate in the streets and carry guns and vandalize police stations and cause small business owners to file for bankruptcy? I could say the left is all those types too. I would be wrong to overly generalize like that. And so are you.

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Biden said “if you dont vote for me you’re not black”

You can’t take the blatant racism out of that.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So 100% of everyone who votes is doing their own reaearch, studying policy, listening to speeches, watching debates, analyzing all of these things and coming up with a choice all on their own with zero influence from anyone? No influence from their family, who has always been conservative or liberal and have opinions? No outside influences at all? Not even children of politicians or politically active parents? Everyone, even 18 year olds, are shuttimg out all influences?

cmon man. You knew what I meant the first time.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, how about analyze what Biden actually meant.

It wasn't racist at all. He basically is saying, I don't understand how you can be black and vote for republicans that have never looked out for your best interest. Granted, Democrats have made mistakes as well and have at times not helped black outs, but in general, democrats look out for blacks and republicans don't. It's really that simple.

Republicans don't look out for black people. That is true. Trumps platinum plan, so ****ing what? Why wasn't the platinum plan unveiled after he was elected in 2016? Why didn't he fight for the platinum plan while having a majority in both Senate and House?

So he finally woke the **** up and realized that he needs black people to win the election and he finally releases a platinum plan to help out blacks. Why should black people believe Trump? He's lied a lot throughout his presidency and has not necessarily shown compassion towards the black community and has not shown disdain for the racists bloc of his supporters.

It's really not all that complicated. Like @Nook has said, maybe Republicans should attempt to actually help blacks rather than just point out how democrats don't do anything for them. I bet Trump would have more black support right now if he would of released his platinum plan since the start of his election.

joshuaao, JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

nope...what I said is facts

just because u don’t personally know any doesn’t mean there aren’t many of them out there, and they all find refuge within the Republican party

Right wing domestic terrorists are the biggest terrorist threat to this country, and that’s according to the FBI and DHS. They just tried to kidnap a governor. Speaking of vandalizing police stations, they just arrested a Texas boogaloo member, another right wing group, for firing 13 shots at a police precinct while trying to incite unrest during a protest...

A rightwing extremist boasted of driving from Texas to Minneapolis to help set fire to a police precinct during the George Floyd protests, federal prosecutors said.

US attorney Erica MacDonald said on Friday that she had charged Ivan Harrison Hunter, a 26-year-old Texas resident, with traveling across state lines to participate in a riot. The charges are the latest example of far-right extremists attempting to use violence to escalate national protests against police brutality into an uprising against the government.

Federal authorities have charged a Texas man with alleged ties to the violent “Boogaloo Bois” anti-government extremist movement in connection with violence in Minneapolis following the killing of George Floyd.

A federal criminal complaint alleges Ivan Harrison Hunter, 26, of Boerne, Texas, was identified as the person in a May 28 video shooting 13 rounds from an “AK-47 style semiautomatic rifle” into the Minneapolis Police Department’s 3rd Precinct building.

Authorities say the shooter walked toward the camera, high-fived another person and yelled "Justice for Floyd!" Investigators say he was wearing a distinctive skull mask they later saw in a photo on Hunter's Facebook page.

try again

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Did I say anything about Joe Biden other than the fact that close to 90% of all black voters are going to vote for him?

Did I say anything about Trump calling black countries "**** holes"?

Black voters, like everyone else vote for who they think best represents their interests.