1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Men under the age of 35 the hidden Trump voters that polls are not picking up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 26, 2020.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Agreed, let's just leave it at that.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a debate and discussion subforum. Usually we do things like debate why black people should prefer the GOP or the Democrats based in policy and history.

So no, we probably aren't going to leave it at just that.

If you want to express an argument for why the black community should vote Trump, by all means make your case in terms of policy and history and we can have a discussion of why I think you are right or wrong and you can criticize or agree with my arguments.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This thread.

It reminds me of the claims of some in Germany in the 1930's that Jews supported the rise of the NAZI party.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Why do you believe our individual success as blacks is only meaningful if whites are not involved? Do you think native whites, white immigrants, Polynesian-, Oceanic Southeast Asian-, North African-, East Asian-, South Asian- or Latinx-Americans put these types of restrictions on themselves in a country of 320 million people? My parents immigrated here separately from Cameroon and Haiti on student visas, taught themselves English and had multiple graduate degrees and salaried careers before any of us were born. Do you think they should have wasted time looking for the French-speaking black kids' table in the cafeteria before developing skills and building a comfortable life, so they wouldn't have to give any whites "credit?"

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

no it’s not...save the nonsense for somebody else

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

every time some famous black person backs Trump, he makes sure to get that photo op

now Lil Wayne will be used as a prop for “blacks for Trumps” by conservatives like they ever had any respect for somebody like him

last week he was a thug rapper who does drugs

after yesterday, they’ll start calling him a successful musician and entrepreneur...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

My mind is literaly blown away that there are black people looking back into 20s segregation era with nostalgia.
    Maybe this poster is fake and a troll but do such people actually exist out there?
    The basic common sense that if you can't vote you have no power and everyone can take advantage of you doesn't register?

mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

This thread is a big oxymoron.

On one hand you have Trump and the GOP doing everything in their power to supress black votes and Trump fans here silently condone.
    On the other hand they brag about the hidden black vote.

If you supress them and don't let them to vote how can they actually vote for Trump? With telepathy?
    What a joke.

If Trump had sooo many black voters he would have done everything in his power to make it easier for them to vote not supress them.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

he is a troll...don’t even pay him any mind

if OP turned out to not even be black, I wouldn’t be surprised

malakas and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. omgTHEpotential

People in general tend to look back to their youth with nostalgia. Here in Lithuania, the large majority of people aged 50+ are looking back to Soviet occupation with nostalgia. A phrase 'Everything was better with Russians' is used VERY often (even though objectively looking at it, the life back then was much worse in most facets of life).

malakas likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I have noticed this sentiment quite a bit from both conservative white people (usually in hushed tones) and some in the black community. Almost a call to go back to a segregated country. It is something that is still discussed by white men that are usually older and have money. I have had attorney's talk to me how they would pay a pretty penny to not have to interact with or see minorities, poor people or aimless young white people. I have also seen a small ground swell of black men in America wanting a similar arrangement, where black people get their own community separated from white people and others.

When I point out that is essentially what South Africa was, the black people that support such a situation seem horrified and claim that I am wrong.

At the end of the day, there have always been divisions that break down and "black/white" will as well...... it was only 70 years ago that Catholics and Protestants did not marry in polite culture, that Italians were not European, that the Irish were not "white" and many other divisions. Any effort to segregate is STUPID and short sighted...... although, no doubt that there are those on the right that would love the idea.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

pretty cool to have lithuania represented here thanks for your insight

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But.... does he have a black wife? What does she say in all of this?

jiggyfly, Nook, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not if he separately tries to speak to other blacks' interests with dubious logic and false history in support of his views.

jiggyfly, Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Been watching these two for a minute don't know if anyone else here does but...

Reeko likes this.
  17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I do believe that young black people are more enthusiastic about Trump than I've typically seen with other past Republican candidates. I think Trumpism more closely fits with some black americans' values being more fiscally liberal and socially conservative. For Republicans, I think this year is as good as it gets though. I suspect Republicans will be looking to switch back to deficit hawks the second Trump leaves office, which is not very popular with black people.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You are absolutely full of ****. That is completely racist trolling crap you are pulling out of your ass. The Whites burning down those successful Black businesses would have embraced you, because they were as racist as you are, and even more conservative. They were also Democrats. As different from today’s Democrats as today’s Democrats are different from trump’s deluded, obnoxious, frequently racist supporters, who are following trump’s dog whistle wagging their collective tails.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He's not fake or a troll, just trying to get in the game without having practiced or read the playbook. Of course the playbook here is an eighth grade social studies textbook.

Nook, FranchiseBlade and malakas like this.