1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Friday 2012

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ArtV, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

2. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Do you really have to camp out / line up / fight with people to get those deals? Is it even worth it? I've never done the black Friday thing.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Some of them, but not most. I lined up outside of Best Buy last year to get the XBox bundle (similar to what they have this year) but when I got in there I was the only one going for it. I really just went because I'd never done it before.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Wow, didn't realize so many Black Friday ads were already out. bfads.net

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I don't but it doesn't mean that all things in the ad you can only get by camping out for. That $179 TV is the camper special this year. I'm looking for a TV for my son but personally I would pay more for a better TV AND not have to camp - especially on Thanksgiving.

However the ipod nano is a decent deal that will cause me to show up Friday around 11am after my coffee and paper. I'm sure that I can pick that deal up anytime (need 2 plus I have another $5 coupon and a 3x points card) and then use the gift cards for the TV I'm looking for on the week before Christmas sale (when they have that last big sale on TVs).

Black Friday is about planning to me...not camping...

#5 ArtV, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Anything good in the Best Buy ones? Doesn't seem like anything intriguing.

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I can see how BF can be an adrenaline rush for some and a pretty fun activity. Personally, I would rather pay a little more and not have to deal with all the crazies out there.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

but how much fun can it really be staying in line for several hours to save a few hundred dollars?

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Had started this thread earlier, never update it though, but time flies.. didn't realize how much closer we are to BF. That best buy ad is still a preview so I'm hoping there is better things to come. I personally think online will be big just like last year on BF.

I'm always waiting for the Fry's ad though the last two years it has disappointed for the most part.

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I used to go every year starting around 10 years ago. I'd go for stupid stuff too, like $5 DVD copy of Fight Club, MP3 players, etc... Not really the big stuff thats worth waiting. The last time I went was back in '09 with my cousins so they could get a netbook for like $180 and scored a few BluRays. The past few years, I just went to the outlet in Katy Mills and Premium Outlets just to shop past 12am and had some good sales at each store.

Most big deals now such as TV, Tablets, Laptops you can get the same deals online with free shipping. I'm eyeing a 40+ inch TV this year, so that Toshiba 40in at Best Buy is on my radar. If there's something similar (different brand, plasma) for the same price online, I'll get it there instead. The only risk of getting good deals online is getting it first, or the online retailer will pull a "out of stock" even after you ordered/paid.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Will Sears have the front load washer/dryer pair this year?

13. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It's sad that binge-spending on a bunch of useless trendy crap has become a centerpiece of our culture.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I included this link in the other thread, but RetailMeNot is a great resource for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and saving on stuff throughout the season.

http://www.retailmenot.com/holiday is there hub for the shopping season.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone own a cheap insignia tv? thinking about the $99 26 inch 1080p led at bestbuy.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It was back in mid 2000s before all the online retailers adopted black friday. Microcenter had some great deals

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you're as much a techie as anyone.. where do you see the value in going 1080p on something so small? is it ever noticeable over 720?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the only good thing 1080p for that size is plugging in your laptop .

it's $99 is the stat that's tempting me.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Very nice!
    Highlights from the 2012 Sears Black Friday Ad include:

•50″ Toshiba LED – $299.99