1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Black Friday 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's that time of year again! A good month away or so, but it's always fun to discuss what people trying to get every Black Fridy. Though I think Black Friday hasn't been the same these last 3-4 years... you're finding better deals online than you are in stores for things. I remember I nabbed a $300 harmony remote on Frys online last black friday for only $80 and then made a good $150 profit out of it by selling it. Seems as though it looks like we're in the same situation as last season with people on a tight budget for holiday shopping.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ac...-be-careful-and-controlled-in-2011-2011-10-10

http://bfads.net/
    http://slickdeals.net/blackfriday
    http://www.blackfriday.info/
    http://www.black-friday.net/
    http://www.theblackfriday.com/
    http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/

1 person likes this.
  2. ashiin

ashiin Member

Going too see if I can score an iPhone headset (possibly the wireless dres). Possibly a PS3 or a Wii since I want to play skyward sword.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Highlights please. And also, that super spreadsheet. Let me know when its done, thanks.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Looking to score an engagement ring. What stores should I be looking at? Is it even a good idea to target Black Friday for an engagement ring?

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

May pick up a new video card, some ram, possibly an additional mechanical keyboard on cyber Monday

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

After a washer/dryer combo this year.

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Looking for a PS3, anybody know how much a deal would be on one of these?

8. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i got good hair gel for cheap.

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

PS3 just went down by $50. Get it now :)
    Other than bundling can stores really lower the price of the consoles? I didnt think so.

10. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I need a new Laptop , thinking Toshiba .

11. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I'm thinking Asus.

12. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I'm thinking Lenovo.

13. Raven

Raven Member

I'm thinking about getting my first game console, probably a ps3.

And a Kindle.

14. joesr

joesr Member

are furniture, specifically sofa recliners a black friday item?

15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

We will be in Whistler again on Thanksgiving. Praise Hay Zeus. I hate being around Black Friday and all of it's ridiculous bull****. It's the epitome of what is wrong with the r****ds in our country.

I should have prefaced this post with the fact that I am 2 bottles of wine into the evening. The first being a nice white from the Umbria region of Italy and the second a Malbec. The latter was a little young for my taste but seemed to open up after an hour.

Also, I like turtles.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Not really a Black Friday question just a Christmas shopping question in general. We want to buy our daughter a Power Wheels Barbie Jeep because she absolutely loves her friend's jeep. Right now, Walmart has the Jeep on sale for $229. Do these item's prices usually drop when Christmas sales kick into gear? I thought some other parents may know the answer to this question.

TIA

17. juicystream

Not usually. The last several years they have had a smaller version of the Barbie Jeep for around $75 on Black Friday. You can catch the 4-wheelers that are designed for younger children on the cheap throughout the year, you just have to watch sales ads.

I bought the Jeep Rubicon for my son a couple of years ago. I want to say I got it from Target on sale (possibly saved $30), and I had been looking for months and not finding a good deal. I recommend searching Craigslist for a used one if you want to save some cash.

Found the ad from Wal-Mart from last year, it was $88. Keep in mind that not only is it smaller, it also tops out at 2.5mph, while the real deal goes 5mph (though it can set it to only go 2.5mph while she learns), and you will want that extra power.

[​IMG]

18. juicystream

And don't forget that Wal-Mart is price matching any ad through Christmas. So if you buy it now, and find a better price before Christmas, Wal-Mart will give you a GC for the difference. The Christmas Price Match Guarantee does not include Black Friday ads.

1 person likes this.
  19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Wow! I completely forgot about that. Right now it is on sale for $20 less than the normal price so I think I am going to snatch it now and if I find a non-Black Friday ad that beats it I'll use it to my advantage.

Thanks!!!

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member