1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anas acuta, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

and black people rarely get shot by police BECAUSE they're black.

People, REGARDLESS OF RACE, get shot by police because they do stupid things like Charge the officer after beating the officer, or something similarly stupid...like this white guy just last week in Dallas (which also received no national outrage or social media anger)

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26249861/unarmed-man-shot-killed-by-dallas-pd-charged-at-officer

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But what about White on White Crime?
    You know that 84% of all crimes against white people are done by white people?
    Why are you not talking about that?

Rocket River

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Lol, its not racist to talk about it! These are facts. Why is this not being discussed in the white community? Where are the white community leaders?

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

According to USA today, the police are involved in the deaths of 400 people a year, the majority of the deaths are white - which makes sense because there are more caucasians in the US than any other race. So NO, police don't shoot ONLY black people - People only believe that nonsense because when the death involves a black male, the media (and social media) jump ALL over it for weeks and weeks.

[​IMG]

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I think the point that many people try to make when bringing that up is this:

White on white crime - very little uproar in the media
    Black on black crime - very little uproar in the media
    Black on white crime - very little uproar in the media
    Black on any other race crime - very little uproar in the media
    White on any other race crime - very little uproar in the media
    white on black crime - HUGE media and Social media uproar, Al $harpton and Je$$e Jack$on get involved, in the news for weeks at a time

It does get old because frankly, you are right Rocket River. People (everybody) are more likely to be a victim of crime from own race than of any other race - however no one talks about that, there is never any discussions about that. The only time it becomes an issue is the rare time it is White on Black crime. Why? Because it gets ratings, it gets tempers flaring, it brings out the emotions in people. When we start treating ALL crimes the same, then and only then will things get better.

2 people like this.
  6. rudan

rudan Member

Outlaw black cops. This has to stop. No justice no peace. I'd be out there protesting, but I have a job/life.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Blacks make up 13% of the national population. Even the most favorable age bracket, 60+, is sitting at around 18% on this graph.

Also, there's no category for hispanics here. Either they are in "Other" and hardly ever get shot somehow (they are 17% of the US population), or they are inflating the "White" category.

I'm not finding this graph terribly reassuring.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Congratulations my fellow Americans.
    Cops don't have to worry because what should be a debate about cops abusing their authority and becoming increasingly militarized has become a stupid petty race war debate.

Maybe politicians and gridlock in congress aren't the only reasons nothing gets done here.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most hispanics are considered "white" for example, it could be said that Texas is 80% "white", but that number comes from the 44% of the state that is "non hispanic white" coupled with the 36% of the state that is "hispanic white".

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If we're going to really inspect these statistics, you would also need to factor in poverty rates and crime rates for each demographic, no?

Even with a thorough analysis, this will no doubt will provide enough statistics to make a case that blacks are unfairly targeted. Still, based solely on the media reports I would have thought these numbers would be more skewed.

Even more surprising than the percentages is the totals. 400 reported deaths. Only 100 occurrences of white cops shooting a black person. Even if the totals are off by say a factor of 3, I would have expected a lot more police shootings than this in a nation of 3 million with all of our gun control problems.

Are these numbers a surprise to anyone else? I'm not seeing how they support the narrative that is being presented in the media.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You also like how they also refer to someone as a "victim" when the police shoot them? Regardless of why they were shot.

Give me a break...blacks can go to college for free. And you know about affirmative action...

Society is probably better off without him, based off of the little info I heard.

It's probably because blacks engage in a disproportionate amount of criminal activity. Just a guess though.

No I don't understand why they're happening. But it seems only a certain group of people engage in such savage acts.

Because the media doesn't talk about it, so I don't know about it.

There's three, at most four, recognized races. Black, white and asian. Hispanic is an ethnicity.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Aren't you supposed to "protect and serve" EVERY citizen even the bad seeds Mr. Police Officer? Pretty pitiful comments coming from a cop ... and cops wonder why they have a bad image hahahaha

I sure hope you aren't HPD or HCSO.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Black people are also very over-represented in every category related to crime, incarceration rates. It's not a huge surprise that they are also over represented in death by police.

The problem starts at the root, it's not as simple as Cops just really likes to kill black people.

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

If I was a "non-racist" criminal, I would pick my vicitms regardless of race. So, based on population, I guess 80 percent of the time my victim would be white, and 12 percent of the time they would be black.

So that 84 percent isn't really out of the ordinary.

Black on black homicide rates are around 90 percent which is a lot higher than the 12 percent. So the "black on black" does seem to be a problem. I wonder if they have statistics based on income-level, rural/urban. I am guessing there are strong correlations.

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Why does Obama have to comment on these "high profile" cases involcing african americans anyway.

Remember that Black professor in Boston? Obama had to comment.

Treyon Martin? Obama had to comment.

Ferguson riots? Obama is being aske to comment.

White kid being shot? Oh wait suddenly Obama's off the hook.

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

If you look at these homicide rates, you would find there may be something more to this than just racism.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...f_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2012.xls

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Oregon man on meth fights off cops while masturbating in bar: police

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...bating-police-article-1.1557876#ixzz3B9EMX4Fc

why was this guy not shot????
    Is society 'better off with out him'?

Rocket River

19. Nook

Nook Member

There is no single reason people are protesting. You have a large concentration of generational poverty, with a police force they cannot relate too... Throw in racism from those protesting, sympathetic media coverage and a bunch of people that live and work (if they work) on the margins of society and you have what is happening right outside of St. Louis.

It could come out tomorrow that Brown was 100% at fault and it wouldn't matter, same with the officer being 100% at fault. This is a bunch of poor people lashing out.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member