1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bird problem: How to get rid of them?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoBalls, Sep 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I have a problem with birds flying on my patio and eating my dog’s food. Every other evening I have to clean my patio from bird poop and the mess they make! I went and bought a fake owl and it worked for two days and now they just walk right by it. I could feed the dogs away from the patio but Id still have a bird problem. I can’t kill them because it’s against the law and because my wife won’t let me. A wise friend told me to ‘spray’ them with water. :D LOL. I don’t think they need a bath.

Has anyone here ever had this problem? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Fatty FatBastard

[​IMG]

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

You could always play the "dying bird" soundtrack on a portable stereo. That'll keep the bastards away.

4. danny317

danny317 Member

get a pet hawk. that will definately tkae care of your problem. :D

just pray that the hawk doesnt decide the dog needs to go as well... :p

5. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

That was funny........... :D

6. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Move your dog to a secret location, and then poison the dog food. Dead birds do not poop.

7. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Don't animals secrete all their poop when they die? That's a lose lose if you like birds but hate poop.

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Actually, that's not bird poop. That's bird pee, believe it or not.

9. danny317

danny317 Member

this is true.

their waste gets all mixed up. they dont have kidneys or something like that...

carry on.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"What? No'mbre, qué Kentucky Fried Chicken ni que nada... we get the chicken from the yard...! Just hit'em with a palo!" :D

[​IMG]
    DINNER every night, meester MoBalls. :eek:

Seriously, though, I hear that the car dealerships use those pennant strings (the ones you see outside Fiesta Mart, you know that store) to scare them away, but I don't know if you want your house to look like a circus. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_scarer - ways to drive birds away
    http://www.dutchguard.com/scare-away-birds-p-yard.html - combination siren + bird "detector" makes noise when they approach. <- this one seems to work wonders.

11. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

throw rocks

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

go adopt a outside cat.

A cat would not stand for that crap.

Or just get a dog with some swingers.....I had a wiener dog that caught birds just eating bugs int he yard. It would stalk them and launch like a cat.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: DOG, BIRDS, BUGS, CAT. I hear people just TALK about posts like this one... combining 4 animals in one post. FOUR? Who ever heard of that? Congratulations, sir. :eek:

It's a liger. That's like... my favorite animal.

Anyway, birds sticking around here is a good sign for NO HURRICANE. I 'memmer how the birds said "man, eff this, I'm gettin' outta here" when Rita was coming. THAT's what the calm before the storm actually is: no animals! Creepy stuff. CUCUY!

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

^speaking of... my dad said they saw several deer on the side of I-45... heading north!

No joke.