1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bin Laden has nukes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WhiteMagic02, Sep 12, 2001.

1. New Kid On The Block

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

hmm. seems like he would have used them by now if this were true.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I disagree Outlaw.

If, indeed, he does have nuclear weapons, I think he might be saving them.

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

is this a reliable source? I'm just asking...

5. haven

haven Member

achebe:

It also links bin Laden and Arafat. That doesn't seem likely.

6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

This is a bunch of BS. It takes more than a couple of mill to buy a nuke.

7. Timing

Timing Member

You know that Xin person on google mentioned an attack with a briefcase nuke. Is this a credible news source? This is getting outrageous!

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Who says he bought them man? He could have stole them from Russia.

He could just be waiting for our invasion force to use the nukes. If this website says he has nukes, I am pretty sure that the US Intel knows if he does or doesnt have them. We wont put our men in that kind of danger. We will show him how an ICBM works.

Hell, we nuked Japan for Pearl Harbor, Lets melt Afghanistan.

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

in the movie the Peacemaker, they had a nuke in a suitcase...

i mean what do you need?
    when you think nukes you think missile... the actual nuke fits in the top of that missile... the rest is just the delivery system

can a nuke fit in a suitcase?
    i mean what if he has chemical weapons, biological....

evil

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

He'll be dead long before he could use those nukes. Trust me, if they know he has nuclear weapons, somebody would assassinate him and they would never know who did it.

11. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

**WorldNetDaily is NOT a reputable news source.**

They began life as a rightwing-conspiracy-freak site, and you can still find traces of it in between the borrowed "legit" news ... "special reports" on Waco, on the supposed missile that downed a TWA plane, etc.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thanks Swopa. It seemed suspicious that a small time coward and loser like Osama bin Laden would have nuclear arsenal.

13. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Oh DAMN...I'm moving to Wyoming!

14. Colby

Colby Member

He doesn't have nuclear capabilities. Nukes cannot fit in suitcases to be effective. This is BS.

Saddam has been trying for 20 years to get nuclear tech, to no avail. The cost of material s to build nukes is in the 100's of millions of dollars. If Saddam couldn't aquire nukes with his billions of oil dollars and unchecked buildup prior to the gulf war, I don't think Laden has them.

Nukes are almost useless these days. Any country or group that uses a nuke has instantly signed up for the capret bobming of the century. EVERY SINGLE COUNRTY in the world will be against them. Nothing would be spared in their destruction as an example to others. They are more a deterent than a weapon.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

i read a highly fascinating FAQ from msnbc last night on bin laden, conducted by a current us intelligence officer.

he denied bin laden had nukes, or biological warfare, tho he did say he had dabbled in both. one thing you have to understand about bin laden: he moves constantly, three, four times a week, and does so under the lowest of technical circumstances -- little to no communication, usually by mule, where he then stays in tents and other various makeshift outposts. these moves occur under the cover of night.

IOW, he doesn't have a centralized command center to deploy nuclear weapons.

what IS scary is that he's merely the bank for a large group of individualized cells located throughout the world (including here in america) who act independently and on their own accord. in fact, it's likely the men who commited these acts tuesday acted w/o bin laden's knowledge, but likely with his financial backing.

who knows what these cells have gathered, military-wise, which is what makes a "war" against bin laden so highly unlikely -- kill him, and he still has countless covert cells ready to, obviously, die to carry out the supposed word of allah.

16. haven

haven Member

Here is the faq Ric was referring to:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/627355.asp

If anything, it's reassuring. Althoug h it seems like it was written before this terrorist attack. Still, part of the criticism of our intelligence agencies has been that they've concentrated too much on car bombings, bioweapons, and nukes and not enough on stuff like this. So maybe on this subject, they're correct.

Thanks Ric for mentioning this.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Can't they track nuclear material via satallite?

18. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

How? Via the Radiation?

I think that there is too much natural radiation (solar,thermal) that would interfere with that.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Measuring radiation becomes progressively more difficult at a distance. It is not a linear reduction, but rather logarathmic. Imagine measuring your weight by measuring the gravity you exert on me from orbit and you get a prety good idea.

As far as size, here are a couple of quotes I've found:

http://www.bullatomsci.org/research/qanda/bombsize.html

As far as if it was made rather than purhcaced, here are the specs on the bomb that Iraq was building, from:

http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1992/jf92/jf92.albright.html