1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#BillupstoHouston... my proposed changes for saving Hardens legacy as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AalyMD, Sep 13, 2020.

1. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

Fire Morey
    Fire MDA
    Trade westbrook
    Trade Gordon

Target Chauncy Billups to bring into the organization in some capacity ( GM, president of basketball operations, coach) to be the mentor to take Harden to the next level, particularly in big moments, sort of like what Wade was to Lebron. Billuos wasn't the fastest, strongest, most athletic player on the court (same can be said about Harden), but he seized big moments and could potentially be a catalyst in Hardens career. If i recall correctly, he was being considered for Cavs GM position a yr or 2 ago.

Target players like Middleton, Derozan, Brook Lopez, Kyle Lowry, Whiteside, Love, Myers Turner, Ibaka etc.

Change this live by the 3 philosophy, it would've only worked against the warriors.... clearly. Will not work on anyone else. Did yall see that turnaround fadeaway by Harden at the block? We need more of that!

And before ppl mention westbrook being untradeable, he could clearly goto a team that just needs to sell tickets and jerseys. It would be a very specific organization such as the lowly 4th team in Cali (Kings) or Magic to name a couple. I know he will be back next year and him being traded is a LONG shot.

#1 AalyMD, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    saleem and RocketsFan247 like this.
  2. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I'm fine with keeping Westbrook and Billups would be dope. Get a big man either Harris (for small ball approach) or maybe squeeze a frp or 2 from Philly bite bullet and take Horford. Get Ego off the team trade House also (actually like the kid but change of scenery is needed). Get a player that can cut into PJ minutes significantly. Develop a system. Dont think team needs to be blown up a philosophy change is long overdue and would do wonders. Let Small Ball be an in game change with an option to go traditional. Our game plan was Jr High level of difficult. Too easy for teams to clamp down and stop us.

fckbandwagons and bj3175 like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I do t know about all the other stuff but certainly wouldn’t be upset if Billups was l somehow part of the organization.

4. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I just really think we need to start with philosophy overhaul. Everybody standing at the 3 point line waiting on a pass from Harden is not gonna work in the playoffs. Time to mix this **** up, midrange, movement, picks, back door cuts, and bring a big man back for lobs.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man I miss the lob game. So many easy points from that which became almost non-existent after trading Capella.

B-Bob, pr0wler, DCHAMP and 3 others like this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

nah

Slimfa likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

What has Chauncey Billups done for any organization, that warrants hiring him for the position of authority? He hasn't been an assistant coach or any sort of coach in the NBA.

Making Steve Nash HC of the Nets was one thing - there was already an outcry of white privilege in that situation.

Now you want to give Billups a GM position, where he can control the team more than a coach can? Some of you CFers' ideas, man. I swear.

Rocket River, Slimfa and HP3 like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Billups I forgot about him he is perfect

JamalP. likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’d love him as GM or President of Ops. Morey stays Tad Brown goes. Sorry but in the 21st century your Ops cannot be ran by a guy who has zero pull with the players. Look what Jerry West can do and Pat Reilly. Maybe They can find something else for Brown but he’s been a weak spot in recruiting since LeBron went to Miami.

banzai, don grahamleone and JamalP. like this.
  10. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

Bro, Billups' bball IQ is required. Why wouldn't I want him to CONSTRUCT a roster around James Harden. No brainer if you ask me.

11. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

Obvious Morey isn't going anywhere due to current finances. Its also obvious we aren't going into LT given pandemic related fiscal hits (we weren't willing to prior to that either.) It sounded like harden and westbrook will be together next season again. Remember, warriors are also back next season...

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

No, I'm saying he's had no experience being a GM or held a job that had any of the responsibilities of a GM. So to immediately hand the reins of an entire team to him, just seems illogical.

Of course you construct a roster to maximize your best player. But it's not as easy as that, otherwise anyone can be a GM.

HP3 likes this.
  13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Everyone standing at the 3 point line waiting to shoot open 3's can win a championship easily if the players are talented enough. We just don't have that many talented players.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

They day Morey is gone is the day this franchise is in the toilet.....I think I'm done with Rockets news for awhile.....and CFs bad ideas.

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

Would love Billups as coach for some reason sam cassell doesn’t intrigue me

16. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

I hear you, but the 76ers did it with Elton brand. Phx did it with James Jones. Isiah Thomas and Larry bird also had a similar story. Billups is cerebral. He's a winner. Plus the cavs posted him the gm job 2 yrs ago, he declined.

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Word. Bring Clint Back!!!! I haven’t even seen him play.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hang around. I'm waiting for Matt Maloney and Kelvin Cato to make appearances for coaching suggestions, myself.

Deckard, harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

something i forgot to post here...

last sunday i attended a friend's wedding. sitting next to me at dinner was a former teammate of capela at elan chalon in france.

"yeah yeah i'm really happy for clint, he was my rookie. i mean the games there are fake, but i'm glad he got the hundred million contract"

banzai likes this.
  20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

As soon as I see Whiteside in dat list...

Landsdale likes this.